JL factory Stereo In JK

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
I love my JK, love the way it looks, love what I’ve done to it, and what I plan to do. While there is a lot of buzz about the new JL, the temptation to change up is not strong enough for me. That being said, I really like the higher resolution touchscreen Apple CarPlay stereo system with all of the Rubicon diagnostics built into the new JL‘s dash.

Does anyone know if Mopar plans to sell this stereo separately with an option to allow JK owners to Install it?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I seriously doubt they will as it would require a custom bezel. That might be a million dollar idea though. As with anything everyone will be wanting to upgrade the JL including the stock radio. Pick up the JL units at a low price and resale to JK owners for a great price.

Then again the Alpine i207-WRA is a great upgrade for a fairly low price. You will get better features than a stock unit with no changes to the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
I actually had the Sony XAVAX10 in my 2008 Wrangler, but left it in when I traded it in for my 2017 recon. I miss the CarPlay stereo a lot, but I wanted to make sure that my next stereo could handle both front and rear cameras for off roading and backup. I also want the ability to play MP4‘s on the screen for the kids while we are driving to our next adventure. ( I would, of course, never look at the screen, being such a responsible driver, keeping both hands on 10 and 2 and my eyes on the road)

The Sony did all of that (but only supported a single camera) at a price point around 400 bucks, so it was pretty nice,

I see the stuff on the new JL and I think how nice it would be to be able to have a tiltomter, fluid levels and temperatures, elevation details, GPS maps, and if I’m being honest, I would love my superchips computer programmed into the dash as well.

Maybe we should convince superchips to build a 7” touchscreen version of their programmer that has all of the features of the best aftermarket stereos: We’ll call it “The perfect jeep radio”

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I like that idea. Especially if it incorporated all the hand controls. That would be a game changer for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk