Looking at adding dual batteries

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
My 14 jku is getting a l86 next month and recently thought about adding dual batteries to it with upgraded stereo and amps along with a warn winch. So does anyone know a great site or a place I can figure this one out before I pull the motor in a few weeks? Even if you to care to tell what to do here, I’d appreciate greatly.

Dan

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Funny I was just thinking about this last week and would like to know as well. Mine was for winch purposes.

I would like to know the best battery set up as well. Maybe RockAuto can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
I built my own to run my ARB fridge using a rugged ridge tray and a samlex isolator.

The tray takes an hour to install and the can of worms of wiring will be based in your setup and OCD lol

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I built my own to run my ARB fridge using a rugged ridge tray and a samlex isolator.

The tray takes an hour to install and the can of worms of wiring will be based in your setup and OCD lol
Wiring....🤢. I just assume shave my beard off with an old rusty pocket knife...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepOnRock

Jeep Newb
I put my odd Warn XD9000i on my Jeep and have been thinking about dual batteries ever since. Of course I ran that winch on my old Jeep and just had one battery... but adding a fridge wasn't on my radar, either.

So... following this one.