Project Scar To Benefit The Travis Mills Foundation

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Looks real good. Can’t wait to see it with the 37s on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting the 37's on here is going to take a while only because we have to pull all the body armor back off to get red paint in the areas where the primer is showing through. Kind of an extra step that some people may go through or not go through, but if you don't want to see primer when you put on some of this body armor or especially when you remove the fenders, make sure that you paint that area before installing the fenders because the fenders won't cover it like the stock ones do.

It doesn't look like a lot has happened but there's been a lot of on and off to make things right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Getting the 37's on here is going to take a while only because we have to pull all the body armor back off to get red paint in the areas where the primer is showing through. Kind of an extra step that some people may go through or not go through, but if you don't want to see primer when you put on some of this body armor or especially when you remove the fenders, make sure that you paint that area before installing the fenders because the fenders won't cover it like the stock ones do.

It doesn't look like a lot has happened but there's been a lot of on and off to make things right.

Looks damn good man. The cage is really going to make it stand out. Did you go with a stinger bumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Looks damn good man. The cage is really going to make it stand out. Did you go with a stinger bumper?

The cage got dropped off to the body shop yesterday. That will be body color matched and should turn out awesome!

There is a stinger bumper, but with more body and logo work, the bumpers and winch will be one of the last items to go on. Basically this is all a mock up, then it will be tore down, painted and cleaned and ready assembled. Part of building a show vehicle.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
We are working with one of our favorite impact wrenches here, but you will see us remove the old lift and start re-gearing the TMF Jeep.

[video=youtube;0DqXKyv1X1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DqXKyv1X1E[/video]

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Mmmm surprises!

How does this wrench compare to the Milwaukee with adjustable torque settings. I have always been biased to them, it will be hard for me to change. Sorry for the hijack. Maybe need a new thread for this one.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Mmmm surprises!

How does this wrench compare to the Milwaukee with adjustable torque settings. I have always been biased to them, it will be hard for me to change. Sorry for the hijack. Maybe need a new thread for this one.

Currently, the One-Key Milwaukee is the 1,400 Ft-Lb model and it is large and heavy. Not what I would choose for my one and only impact wrench, but what I like to refer to as my bodyguard that can take out anything in my way. We use the smaller ones for almost everything and pull out the big dog only when needed. It is easier on your arms.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
So the Jeep looks the same. We have been having a bit of bad luck with parts and it is putting us behind a bit.

We put a new fuel sending unit and pump in the fuel tank and installed the fuel tank and have been painting the frame.

Getting really good at installing stuff and removing it. :)

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Got to love the frustrations of a build...seems like something is always going wrong.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Built a lot of vehicles in my day. This one has been the most frustrating. It's nothing we cannot fix or overcome. It's the time of the year and the multiple projects. So much still to come, but nothing here so we sent the jeep off for graphics and a new skin.
Got to love the frustrations of a build...seems like something is always going wrong.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
You need a beer or three! Can’t wait to see the graphics. Should really make the rig stand out.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Beers won't get it done. LoL. We are supposed to be marketing this for raffle in June. That won't happen.... We won't have the parts all here yet.
You need a beer or three! Can’t wait to see the graphics. Should really make the rig stand out.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Holy crap. Can’t believe everything hasn’t showed yet. I know you all have been working on this for 8 months. Hard to get the word out and gain interest if you miss all the jeep events.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Yeah.... It sucks. The steering system is on backorder and won't be in for 3 weeks.... But that is an easy work around. Other stuff needs to co.e in and be installed before we put major parts on.... Or we start playing the games of install and remove. You k ow how things start to look after they get put on and taken off over and over. It's being a pain in the ass.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
We have been on a push working nights to get this Jeep moving. There has been a lot of attention to detail in removing undercoating and spraying the frame. So what should take a few days takes weeks. But we are at the point where the Jeep is starting to come together. We still have to install the roll cage and some other big items. About 1/2 done.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Exhaust went on today. We had to put in a turndown just after the muffler and before the rear axle. With the 6-packs, there is no room for an exhaust pipe exit.

I will shoot some updated pictures but it is in the trailer.