modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Project Scar To Benefit The Travis Mills Foundation

We have a unique opportunity to give back to those who have given so much for our freedom. We are building a 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon that will be sold to benefit the Travis Mills Foundation. This build will be chronicalled here along with on YouTube. as we move forward we will post videos and pictures here.

To date, we have done a lot of planning and we will be installing a Metalcloak 4.5" long arm kit with full body armor, MC fenders, and skids. We plan to run 37" tires on Trail Rated Beadlocks. We have some very cool seat covers coming from Wet Okole!

IMG_20171207_105823.jpg

Right now we are doing some teardown and cleaning in preparation for starting. We have some awesome plans that should come together soon as we go through this build.

IMG_20180115_125201781.jpg

Today we removed the rear fender flares and the Rubicon "sliders". Most everything came off pretty easily. We have a great Jeep with only 55K miles.

IMG_20180115_130004439.jpg

It looks funny without flares!

IMG_20180115_134526781.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell yeah. I canít wait! Did you all decide to do tube doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

4. Likes Blank liked this post
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Hell yeah. I can’t wait! Did you all decide to do tube doors?

Yes, it will have Tube doors and it was a struggle to pick the best TJ Tube doors out. we wanted to have a normal door handle to open them, not a pin. We wanted the mirror to fit correctly and the finish to be good. Rugged Ridge seems to have the best ones that we could find via specs. We have those coming this week.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Humbled, honored, and speechless. It is an honor to be able to give back to those who have served for our freedoms. Wet Okole did a customer graphic for the seat covers for us. People can make a difference. We can make a difference. These seat covers for the TJ look amazing and we cannot wait to bring this project to everyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Kbar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man those seats look great. Are they neoprene? Waterproof?

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Man those seats look great. Are they neoprene? Waterproof?

Yes, Neoprene and Waterproof. They are more amazing in person.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot be more excited to install this. I know many would have issues cutting their Jeep hood wide open. We are looking at this as a transformation from meh to awesome!

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming the hood vents are black... That is going to be an awesome accent. Can't wait to see how this build turns out.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regrebierf View Post
    I am assuming the hood vents are black... That is going to be an awesome accent. Can't wait to see how this build turns out.
    Yes, powder coated black for now.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting ready to make some cuts on the hood. Seeing how everything lines up. This changes the look of the jeep completely!