Project Scar To Benefit The Travis Mills Foundation

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
We have a unique opportunity to give back to those who have given so much for our freedom. We are building a 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon that will be sold to benefit the Travis Mills Foundation. This build will be chronicalled here along with on YouTube. as we move forward we will post videos and pictures here.

[video=youtube;GcWUIzcZAd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcWUIzcZAd4[/video]

To date, we have done a lot of planning and we will be installing a Metalcloak 4.5" long arm kit with full body armor, MC fenders, and skids. We plan to run 37" tires on Trail Rated Beadlocks. We have some very cool seat covers coming from Wet Okole!

IMG_20171207_105823.jpg

Right now we are doing some teardown and cleaning in preparation for starting. We have some awesome plans that should come together soon as we go through this build.

IMG_20180115_125201781.jpg

Today we removed the rear fender flares and the Rubicon "sliders". Most everything came off pretty easily. We have a great Jeep with only 55K miles.

IMG_20180115_130004439.jpg

It looks funny without flares!

IMG_20180115_134526781.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Hell yeah. I can’t wait! Did you all decide to do tube doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Hell yeah. I can’t wait! Did you all decide to do tube doors?

Yes, it will have Tube doors and it was a struggle to pick the best TJ Tube doors out. we wanted to have a normal door handle to open them, not a pin. We wanted the mirror to fit correctly and the finish to be good. Rugged Ridge seems to have the best ones that we could find via specs. We have those coming this week.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Humbled, honored, and speechless. It is an honor to be able to give back to those who have served for our freedoms. Wet Okole did a customer graphic for the seat covers for us. People can make a difference. We can make a difference. These seat covers for the TJ look amazing and we cannot wait to bring this project to everyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Man those seats look great. Are they neoprene? Waterproof?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I cannot be more excited to install this. I know many would have issues cutting their Jeep hood wide open. We are looking at this as a transformation from meh to awesome!

regrebierf

Jeep Newb
I am assuming the hood vents are black... That is going to be an awesome accent. Can't wait to see how this build turns out.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Getting ready to make some cuts on the hood. Seeing how everything lines up. This changes the look of the jeep completely!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Man that looks great!! I can’t wait to see the final product.

Any word on them Trail Ready’s??

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Lots to show! The Poison Spider Hood is cut in. We need to do some painting before final install and we are leaving it off so it is not scratched. The trail ready rims are here. Awesome! And the Warn Zeon Platinum with wireless remote and two 12 volt outlets controlled by the remote. Lots happening!

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Looking awesome. That red is nice with the black.

Thanks! It is hard to wait for everything to ship. We do have the rock Hard 4x4 cage here. That needs to be cleaned up and painted, powder coated or linex'ed....

regrebierf

Jeep Newb
What package did you get from Rock Hard? I am thinking about getting the Bolt-In Ultimate Sports Cage. Can't wait to see how it looks for the Scar.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Someone got a sneak peek of things to come for “Scar”. I know Brian will be posting up pics later this week and much more as the weeks move on. I am super excited about this build and what it is supporting. Wait til you see the tires on this thing!

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
This project has been a bit slow to start due to some shipping and small parts issues. Nothing to crazy but enough to push us back a month. We assembled the rims and tires and we are now working on body armor. We will have 37's mounted on the Jeep soon with just a small lift to show you what it looks like before we put on the 4.5" long arm.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
The front came apart today to get fenders. Very simple job. I have it most of the way together but this will all have to come apart because the fenders leave a lot of unpainted area uncovered. I guess I should have read more. We will have to get the Jeep over to paint before these get installed completely.