Sport Cages

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Looking for some opinions on bolt on cages. Does one company make one that performs better than others? The new one from Evo is intriguing since it’s made of chromoly, but I’m not sure if it really matters. Only other companies I am aware that make them is Rockhard, Smittybuilt, Synergy, and Poison Spyder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Does Poison Spider make a bolt on? O thought they were a full weld in cage?

I have the RockHard 4x4 on my old TJ and some people look at it as a small upgrade by not good enough for a full wheeler.

The only testing you can find are people who roll. As you know, every roll is different just like accidents on the road.

jimoldblue

Jeep Owner
I was looking at the rock hard cage for my 2012 jku. I would love to hear some reviews for other that have installed it or some other brand also.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I was looking at the rock hard cage for my 2012 jku. I would love to hear some reviews for other that have installed it or some other brand also.

I have looked hard at their product as well. They seem to be the most complete cage and the best bang for the buck. Still want to know some pro's and con's of a couple out there.

cracked

Jeep Owner
I also have the Rock Hard cage in my YJ and here's just a couple of my observations...the pros are, you can buy it a piece at a time and build it up as your budget allows, and it just bolts together as you go so adding bits later is no big deal...the cons are, it only comes bare, and you have to paint or powdercoat it yourself which just adds to the cost of something that's not exactly inexpensive to begin with, and every jeep tub is different. so it may bolt up easy or you may have to wrestle with it to get everything to line up

it may not be as strong as a fully welded cage, but another thing on the plus side for the Rock Hard that I just thought of..I purchased the harness bar RH-1004-A and set it and the harnesses up for the factory seats that I had at the time, later when I switched the seats out for aftermarket suspension seats I was able to loosen up the bolts on the harness bar and readjust it for the new seat height..something that I wouldn't have been able to do on a welded cage