Who else fabricates their own stuff?

JK_BUB

Jeep Owner
Anybody else out there enjoy making stuff for their jeep? I have fabbed up a few things that I thought I would share. I made a bottle jack holder (with extension to reach my lifted JKU), I made a custom light bar for my bumper, welded caps on my bumper, and now I am building a platform to hold my fridge and organize my stuff for camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I would love to be able to fab up items for my rig, but lack a shop to do it in. Specifically I would like to do a rear deck lid for my JKU.

I did make this light relocation bracket. I have also made a custom shelf for my air tank that attaches to the tailgate. I will have to post that up later.

These are not jeep parts, but I did forge these for my parents fro Christmas....you could put them in your jeep.

JK_BUB

Jeep Owner
Very cool knives. I’ve never forged anything. I bet they sliced right through that pizza! Haha!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Very cool knives. I’ve never forged anything. I bet they sliced right through that pizza! Haha!

Lol. You know I never tried it on it. We did do some summer sausage with it and it sliced it like melted butter.

TheWeekendWagon

Jeep Owner
Nice work! Would love to properly learn fabrication. Been around it a ton and have watched some really good fabricators work. It has always fascinated me. I keep trying to re-arrange my garage with the idea in mind that I would like to fit a welding cart and some other basic fabrication tools in there I just have too much crap.

JK_BUB

Jeep Owner
Thanks! I know the feeling. I only have a small 2 car garage, which is not ideal for metal working projects. I do the best I can with what I have. I would love to get a tig welder and a plasma cutter some day.