Suggestions on replacing broken rear locker in 05 Rubicon

shredderjoe

Jeep Owner
The rear locker in my 05 Rubicon died... And I'm looking for suggestions on replacing it.
Do I put another jeep locker in it or replace it with a new ARB,. E locker,. Or something else.. suggestions from those who have already done the swap would be awesome. Thanks Joe

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

BadSector

Jeep Newb
The rear locker in my 05 Rubicon died... And I'm looking for suggestions on replacing it.
Do I put another jeep locker in it or replace it with a new ARB,. E locker,. Or something else.. suggestions from those who have already done the swap would be awesome. Thanks Joe

Is the locker done for or is it just the air bladder or locker air pump that needs replacing? Perhaps its just a leaky hose or fitting? They are notorious for that...

shredderjoe

Jeep Owner
Is the locker done for or is it just the air bladder or locker air pump that needs replacing? Perhaps its just a leaky hose or fitting? They are notorious for that...
The gears in it cracked into pieces.. I think it locked without being in 4wd somehow

Plumas4dow

Jeep Newb
Replacing the stock rear locker with an ARB locker was recommended as the stock rear Jeep locker is the weak link. Replaced while upgrading to 35 spline chromoly shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4Randy

Jeep Newb
My Rubi rear blew up this last summer! On the street no less. All the torsen gears were toast and it also would be in continuous lock. I guess that must be the nature of the thing when it blows. Fortunately, all the damage was contained inside the locker... so R&P were OK. I went with the E-locker b/c the fac. air pump will not handle an ARB.
Nothing wrong with ARB... they are fine if you want to add a new pump and do all the connections. Even tho I had a shop do the work ( I don't do gear set ups) the wiring for the E-locker is purdy easy since the locker comes with all the cable/line you need and also a switch. It works great! :encouragement: