Front end alignment question

Gittypops

Jeep Newb
I have a 1998 TJ with a 2 1/2 inch lift and 32 inch tires. I went through and solved my death wobble, REAL DEATH WOBBLE, not a slight vibration some people think is death wobble. Anyways, I recently replaced both front axle shafts along with all of my ball joints. Should I get the front end re aligned? I know some people say that you can do it yourself but it is less than 30 degrees in Pittsburgh, PA, it rode perfectly straight before (and still does), and the tires are all wearing evenly.

Offigojpn

Jeep Owner
I have done both and have gotten very close to their alignment machine. That said, it’s a matter of how much is your time worth and how confident are you doing it yourself.
It’s only $85 at a shop close to me so it at the time it was worth it. It was winter time and I was pressed for time. Personally I would do it myself on the next build but that’s just due to experience of doing it myself and getting close enough.
Go ahead and pay to have it done. If it’s a daily driver then you will be confident it is done right. If they don’t then you can always take it back and wont cost anything. Make sure you take it to a shop that does or has done lifted TJs and ask for a copy of the alignment paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
Most of the large tire shop chains do FREE alignment checks, In my area at least Firestone is my go to they are free for CHECKS. Start with the place you buy your tires, failing that call around. once you have the data you can easily adjust yourself.

SilverLJ

Jeep Newb
Most of the large tire shop chains do FREE alignment checks, In my area at least Firestone is my go to they are free for CHECKS. Start with the place you buy your tires, failing that call around. once you have the data you can easily adjust yourself.
Good tip. I'm about to do control arms, and THINK I can dial it in.

amer42

Jeep Newb
I have a 1998 TJ with a 2 1/2 inch lift and 32 inch tires. I went through and solved my death wobble, REAL DEATH WOBBLE, not a slight vibration some people think is death wobble. Anyways, I recently replaced both front axle shafts along with all of my ball joints. Should I get the front end re aligned? I know some people say that you can do it yourself but it is less than 30 degrees in Pittsburgh, PA, it rode perfectly straight before (and still does), and the tires are all wearing evenly.
I have 8 adjustable MC control arms and it's hard to find ppl that know how to adjust them correctly, I found I can do it better