RIPP Supercharger Lean Codes

ratchettt

Jeep Owner
In as few words as possible, I installed a RIPP SC in my 2013 JKR last Feb and am getting check engine light codes P..171 and P..174 codes when in 4L and crawling. The new software tune which came from RIPP with my unit and Diablo tuner was installed and since then in attempts to address the issue I have had three additional tunes custom made by an Alabama speed shop. None have corrected my issue, so we recently looked into possible mechanical issues, principally exhaust leaks. None found and even replaced upper plenum gaskets.

On a typical off-road ride the codes will throw three or four times, sometimes immediately, sometimes an hour later. I clear them and continue without trouble but they always reappear with no apparent reason. When thrown, the 171 code always appears, sometimes alone, but 90% of the time with the additional 174 code. I realize these indicate two different cylinder banks but my shop and I are kind of at wits-end. Hate to start just replacing parts and sensors like the O-2 etc with no reason. No engine code issues before RIPP installed. Both RIPP, Diablo and the speed shop consulted multiple times with no relief.

So do any of you have experience that might help me get a handle on this?

Last edited:

Jeep-Geek

Jeep Newb
I've had similar issues with O2 rich codes.. After more than a year, I traced it back to the connector at the ECU. I was able to watch the O2 values change by moving the harness back and forth. I unplugged, and checked the pin connectors, and put it back together. The problem went away for about 3 or 4 months, now it's back....

It might not be your issue, but it's easy enough to hook up a scanner or the Torque app and wiggle the harness.

Good luck.