Freaking insurance.......

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I have many vehicles insured with State Farm and I called today to insure a vehicle that is not plated. First I got the run around about not being sure we could put insurance coverage, even just storage insurance on a vehicle not plated..... next it was 50 questions about will this vehicle be road worthy at all times it is insured because a vehicle that is being "worked" on is not insurable.

I explained a bit about the vehicle and that we were going to lift it ect and she asked if the center of gravity was to be altered because they cannot insure vehicles with an altered COG. WTH.. So State Farm will not insure a vehicle that has been lifted?

Anyone ran into this or have more knowledge about this?

chitown35

Jeep Owner
I have many vehicles insured with State Farm and I called today to insure a vehicle that is not plated. First I got the run around about not being sure we could put insurance coverage, even just storage insurance on a vehicle not plated..... next it was 50 questions about will this vehicle be road worthy at all times it is insured because a vehicle that is being "worked" on is not insurable.

I explained a bit about the vehicle and that we were going to lift it ect and she asked if the center of gravity was to be altered because they cannot insure vehicles with an altered COG. WTH.. So State Farm will not insure a vehicle that has been lifted?

Anyone ran into this or have more knowledge about this?
I haven't had issues but it probably depends on the local agent and your specific policy

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Speechless on this one. If that is the case then almost all Jeeps are not insured. They all have the COG modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk