Transfer Shift cable upgrade

Gotflexxj

Jeep Newb
Has anyone used the Advanced Adapters transfer cable upgrade? We are looking at some common fail points on the JK before our trip to Moab, knowing it is a common issue with the plastic bushings failing. Is it worth the $220 cost of the upgraded cable versus just having extra bushings on hand, Will you feel more positive shifting with the new cable? Also can anyone add any common fail points to be concerned with? 2014 JKUR with roughly 56,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any input.

Ray

cyrusmcc2002

Jeep Newb
I have been looking at this as well and would like to hear from someone that has installed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbar

Jeep Newb
For me, it’s not worth the $$ to do the upgrade yet. I’ve read on other forums about people breaking the stock linkage, but I think they must be trying to force the T-case in or out of 4low. I try to be in the correct gear range before I need it. What the manual says about shifting into 4low at 2 - 3mph is bull. Shift from a dead stop. If the T-case isn’t synced, just roll that inch or 2 until it just slips in, you know? No stress on the linkage that way. I carry some stout zip ties that would work for emergency repairs just in case, but carrying extra bushings would be better :)