MC 2.5 or 3.5 Game changer Question

Snowblind

Jeep Owner
Great thread.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Best forum I've found so far. I was on a few others (now deleted), but found them to be mainly trolls. You ask these guys a question, they give you honest answers, and solid opinions.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Kyan

Jeep Newb
I got MC Game Changer 2.5" Fox, 35" tires, stock fenders and fully weighted down with add-ons. I like the lower center of gravity idea and have had no major issue going this route. Worst off-roading I have done is Rubicon and I got out with smashed stock gas tank skid plate. Lots of things got scratched and skidded over rocks but gas tank skid got the smash.
I don't have before and after handy but right now with full tank and full AEV spare gas and water tank, back end sits around 25" of the ground.

SAM_0037.jpg

SAM_0026.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Best forum I've found so far. I was on a few others (now deleted), but found them to be mainly trolls. You ask these guys a question, they give you honest answers, and solid opinions.

Thank you sir! That’s why we started this. We want to actually help everyone, not judge....ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I got MC Game Changer 2.5" Fox, 35" tires, stock fenders and fully weighted down with add-ons. I like the lower center of gravity idea and have had no major issue going this route. Worst off-roading I have done is Rubicon and I got out with smashed stock gas tank skid plate. Lots of things got scratched and skidded over rocks but gas tank skid got the smash.
I don't have before and after handy but right now with full tank and full AEV spare gas and water tank, back end sits around 25" of the ground.

View attachment 825

View attachment 826
That’s great info, but you are going to have to work on smashing that gas tank!

Kyan

Jeep Newb
Wow.. look at that. Just like mine, seems like everything happens to the right side of the Jeep. The Evap guard is untouched!!!! :dunno:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Wow.. look at that. Just like mine, seems like everything happens to the right side of the Jeep. The Evap guard is untouched!!!! :dunno:
Oh no. My evap is screwed. Smashed it on a rock. Also tore my dynomax open as well.

Now I got a gas cap indicator that won’t go off. Drives me nuts!

Pthorpe84

Staff member

[emoji51] the evap skid has been hammered out. Might need to do that to my gas skid and I could get an extra gallon or two out of it!

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic

[emoji51] the evap skid has been hammered out. Might need to do that to my gas skid and I could get an extra gallon or two out of it!

You know MC makes a nice evap relocation kit. [emoji23]

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
Great thread, lots of info and great pictures! Thinking of pairing the GC with the falcon 3.3s but can't seem to decide on the 2.5 or 3.5.

Snowblind

Jeep Owner
Great thread, lots of info and great pictures! Thinking of pairing the GC with the falcon 3.3s but can't seem to decide on the 2.5 or 3.5.
I have narrowed it down to a 2.5 if I run 35s, or a 3.5 if I go 37s. In short, I still have no clue either! [emoji23]

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I have narrowed it down to a 2.5 if I run 35s, or a 3.5 if I go 37s. In short, I still have no clue either! [emoji23]

Let me help you. If you want to have a Jeep that will stand out, do the 3.5 GC and 37's. That also leaves you options in the future to run a slightly larger tire with MC fenders. The difference between a 2.5 and a 3.5" lift is 1". It is noticable, but not really.

The difference between a 37" tire and a 35 might not even be 2". Most 37" tires are just over 35" tall. My 35" BFG AT's were the same height as my stock Ford F350 tires..... 34.25 inches tall.

Go big dude, you will enjoy it more.

Snowblind

Jeep Owner
Let me help you. If you want to have a Jeep that will stand out, do the 3.5 GC and 37's. That also leaves you options in the future to run a slightly larger tire with MC fenders. The difference between a 2.5 and a 3.5" lift is 1". It is noticable, but not really.

The difference between a 37" tire and a 35 might not even be 2". Most 37" tires are just over 35" tall. My 35" BFG AT's were the same height as my stock Ford F350 tires..... 34.25 inches tall.

Go big dude, you will enjoy it more.
Yeah, some tire sizing is misleading at best. I was looking at some Treadwright tires, they say 35x12.5x17, but specs say 36 overall diameter.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
If you are putting the money in it, why not do all you can for the money. 1" of lift or 1.5" of tire is nothing and it next to un-noticeable. But they do look awesome when done and it is a big difference when parked next to a 2.5-35" tire jeep.

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
Anything else I should be looking to add/change with the GC 3.5 w/ 35s? Going to pull the trigger in the new few days or so.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Anything else I should be looking to add/change with the GC 3.5 w/ 35s? Going to pull the trigger in the new few days or so.
IMHO, you will be keeping the stock flares otherwise you might look pretty high on 35's. What shocks are you going to run?

What is the goal of the build? Wheeling, having fun, or looks? I ask because you can get by with the stock driveshafts if you are careful, but at full flex, or when the jeep is on a lift for service, the driveshaft will hit the exhaust downpipe. Driveshafts were something I changed right away for more longevity and so they do not hit the exhaust.

What are you doing for a spare tire carrier? So many great options these days!

OCJumper

Jeep Newb
Glad I found this thread! Thank you everyone that posted info and pictures. Looks like a 2.5 and flat fenders for me. Now I just have to figure out where to get all this money! 😂😭😭