MC 2.5 or 3.5 Game changer Question

proprojects

Jeep Newb
Keep this thread going, loving the pictures!
I see lots of 2.5" and 3.5" lifts with 35's, but who has 37"+ tires with as little lift as possible?

tucked

Jeep Newb
3.5" MetalCloak, 37's and stock fenders (until the fronts got ripped off from the suspension travel). Currently have cheap flats on waiting for better quality. 20170724_204251-2.jpg

Hank

Jeep Newb
Just curious for those that have done A 3.5 game changer install, IF you were doing an ls swap and suspension lift at the same time, and the body was already off the frame, would you go ahead and swap the suspension or wait till it was back together then do suspension swap? Nervous about getting too many irons in the fire but feel like it would be an easier swap as a rolling chassis.
Given the easy access of having everything exposed, I'd do the suspension with the body off. Too many irons, I completely understand, but the ease of not fighting the body.

stitch1

Jeep Newb
37" MetalCloak 3.5" I have recently swapped out these stock fenders to Poison Spyder. This is my grocery getter picture. As you can see, I have groceries in the back. This was on the way home after a day of wheeling. Had to get pickup breakfast and milk. :D I like to fully embrace the "Mall Crawler" appearance of the JKU.

IMG_20170708_231437.jpg

Santi0660

Jeep Newb
Much better forum... during Black Friday I ordered the 3.5 go with fox. The idea is that I am going to setup my 2015 Rubicon JKU for overlanding. So weighing down, I thought, would bring it down to 2.5. Well after looking at great pics apparently I have a a lot weighing down to do as I was thinking 35 ko2’s. I also picked up the aluminum hardline fenders so I will have crazy amount of room. Thinking before I commit to tires I need to load her up. I am throwing a gobi stealth, a LOD destroyer with tire carrier, genesis dual battery kit, Engel 45 fridge/freezer, drawers ( not selected yet). I was thinking of aluminum under armor but now that might turn into MC steel..like I said great forum glad I joined... even if I don’t get $5000.....

TB_

Jeep Newb
Great thread and thanks for the photos ...

I didn't really like/was ambivalent about the stock (Rubicon/Hard Rock) wheels for quite a while, but they've grown on me ...

In fact I am considering going to 35s or 37 (more likely the former) and more inclined to stick with the my stock Rubicon X wheels ... guess I just need be sure to spring for some 1.5" spacers ...

IMG_1593[1].jpg

IMG_1620[1].jpg

Last edited:

theMANIMAL

Jeep Newb
37" MetalCloak 3.5" I have recently swapped out these stock fenders to Poison Spyder. This is my grocery getter picture. As you can see, I have groceries in the back. This was on the way home after a day of wheeling. Had to get pickup breakfast and milk. :D I like to fully embrace the "Mall Crawler" appearance of the JKU.

View attachment 927
Your Jeep looks great! Hate to be that guy, but did you do all the supporting mods that everyone preaches about to go with your 37s? Gears, truss, C's, Steering, etc? Recently purchased a 3.5 GC lift with the end goal of going STT Pro 37s, but I think I will have to settle for 35s until I switch out my 4.10s and build out the front axle a bit.

Trevinoa3

Jeep Newb
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg

I think the 3.5 with flat fenders look is great and when I go to 37s it will still be great. I dont have an after market front bumper or winch or even a spare tire for that matter but i can still get in my parking garage with a 7' clearence. I from ground to the top of my nx trektop I measure 78"~79". I feel like an idiot for not doing a before and after measurement but oh well

Last edited:

AAyeep

Jeep Newb
I’ve got a 2.5 inch MetalCloak lift with Rockshocks and absolutely love it, rides great with 35s and does everything I need it to do... AND still barely fits in my garage!

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
Drag. It’s really makes no difference whether you do it at the same time or not. I asked this question on another forum and this was the response I got.

flipit

Jeep Newb
2.5” OR 3.5” Metalcloak Game Changer leaves acceptable gap with 35” Mud Tires

This thread had me in pins and needles when I was scheduling my Game Changer install at Cloakworks. I have a month old 2017 Rubicon and installed flat fenders with 17x8.5 Racelines on 35x12.5 GY MTR’s. The thought was to install a 3.5” GC because I’ll be going 37’s (and all the associated beefy upgrades to go with 37’s) in a couple years. The fear was I’d be riding ‘too’ high in the meantime with the said 35’s. After weighing several factors and studying the rigs on this thread, I stayed with the original plans and couldn’t be happier!

Post install, if I had any MORE gap than I have now, I’d have a very different opinion. With a full size spare and winch in front, I think it came
out PERFECT.

Thank you all for sharing your Photos - net net, a 2.5” OR 3.5” Metalcloak Game Changer leaves acceptable gap with 35” Mud Tires - with OR without Flat Fenders...

***White Rubicon pictured is a 2017 w/ a 3.5" Game Changer, 18x9 XD wheels, 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
This thread had me in pins and needles when I was scheduling my Game Changer install at Cloakworks. I have a month old 2017 Rubicon and installed flat fenders with 17x8.5 Racelines on 35x12.5 GY MTR’s. The thought was to install a 3.5” GC because I’ll be going 37’s (and all the associated beefy upgrades to go with 37’s) in a couple years. The fear was I’d be riding ‘too’ high in the meantime with the said 35’s. After weighing several factors and studying the rigs on this thread, I stayed with the original plans and couldn’t be happier!

Post install, if I had any MORE gap than I have now, I’d have a very different opinion. With a full size spare and winch in front, I think it came
out PERFECT.]
Glad to hear everything worked out. Rig looks great by the way. What shocks did you select?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipit

Jeep Newb
Glad to hear everything worked out. Rig looks great by the way. What shocks did you select?

I just stuck with the RockSports. From what I understood, while they offer a Fox option, only the Rocksports and 6 packs are 'tuned' to MC specs. Until I learn more about the Fox shocks, I figured go with the less expensive route. That said, I am attracted to the Fox 2.0 Performance Series Reservoir Shock - I just don't know how they would perform comparatively.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I just stuck with the RockSports. From what I understood, while they offer a Fox option, only the Rocksports and 6 packs are 'tuned' to MC specs. Until I learn more about the Fox shocks, I figured go with the less expensive route. That said, I am attracted to the Fox 2.0 Performance Series Reservoir Shock - I just don't know how they would perform comparatively.
Not sure either. I know the Fox shocks provide a smooth ride, but the travel isn’t there. I think you made the right choice with the Rocksports. Can’t wait to see some flex shots.

Did you do much trimming for added up travel?

stitch1

Jeep Newb
Are those stock rims? If so then Spacers?
If you are asking me the answer is yes. Stock HardRock wheels with 1.75 spacers to get to 4.5" of back spacing.

Your Jeep looks great! Hate to be that guy, but did you do all the supporting mods that everyone preaches about to go with your 37s? Gears, truss, C's, Steering, etc? Recently purchased a 3.5 GC lift with the end goal of going STT Pro 37s, but I think I will have to settle for 35s until I switch out my 4.10s and build out the front axle a bit.
Yes and no. Same reason I am running stock wheels. I am saving up for axles. However, I have beefed up my steering with the Steer Smarts Yeti products. I am also looking at getting the PSC Big Bore steering box. 4.10s on 37s with the 3.6L is live-able. There is a member in my club with the same setup except he is running 4.88s and I must say hes drives so much nicer on the hwy. But I didn't want to sink a lot of money in these axles. I am looking at a few axle options at the moment. Dana 60's was my original plan but I might go another route.

My mod list is MC 3.5" Game changer with RockSports, 1.75" Synergy spacers, Steer Smarts drag-link and tie rod, Tom Woods drive shaft, Synergy ball joints, Cooper STT Pro 37*12.5*17, Poison Spyder fenders, Ace Engineering inner fenders and rear bumper/tire carrier, Smitty Bilt X20 10k winch, ProComp headlights, Apollointech switch kit, ARB twin compressor, Cheap Amazon LED turn signals and fog lights, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Here's a more updated photo. I still haven't swapped out my rear fenders because it's been too cold. My wheels aren't really brown they are still just covered in mud.
IMG_20171228_163638.jpg

Found a photo from before it snowed and the Jeep was somewhat clean.
MVIMG_20171111_160005.jpg

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Your rig does look great. What other options are you looking at on tons? I’m assuming an 80 for the rear...or go crazy and do IFS[emoji15]