MC 2.5 or 3.5 Game changer Question

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
Additional Question on the 3.5” Game Changer:

Does anyone know what the full “range” of travel is on a JKU after it’s installed? Assume you’d be using the 6 pack shocks.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Additional Question on the 3.5” Game Changer:

Does anyone know what the full “range” of travel is on a JKU after it’s installed? Assume you’d be using the 6 pack shocks.
That’s really a subjective questions. Depending on how much bump stop you run, tire size, Fenders, and/or how much sheet metal you cut out.

The six packs have a travel range of about 15” of travel based on collapsed and fully extended measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
Here’s why I ask: like a few others on this thread I find myself debating whether to do the Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks (really, really like them) or the MC 6 packs. It’s pretty clear that the 6 packs get some great range of motion, but I’d like to quantify it. If I chose to go Falcon, how much would I really lose, and would I notice it?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Here’s why I ask: like a few others on this thread I find myself debating whether to do the Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks (really, really like them) or the MC 6 packs. It’s pretty clear that the 6 packs get some great range of motion, but I’d like to quantify it. If I chose to go Falcon, how much would I really lose, and would I notice it?
If you chose the Falcon Shocks, you will lose right at 4” of usable travel vs the 6 Pack’s. This is based off the 3.5” lift size. With that said the Six Packs are not for everyone. They require maintenance and special brackets for them to work. See the attached tables for reference.

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
That helps a lot! When you say “they require maintenance” What do you mean? What sort of maintenance like greasing them from time to time?

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
3.5 game changer with 6 packs and 35" procomps. Running with an epic amount of weight as you can see and it still sits pretty high.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

whataboutbob

Jeep Newb
So I am looking at doing a 3.5 lift wth bfg 37's and a slight fender trim to maintain most coverage. This is on a 2011 2 door, anyone done similar? Thanks

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
So I am looking at doing a 3.5 lift wth bfg 37's and a slight fender trim to maintain most coverage. This is on a 2011 2 door, anyone done similar? Thanks
I did a 2015 with a 3.5" Game Changer with 35's and there was a ton of room with the stock fenders for 37's!

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Should be plenty of room. Probably won’t need to cut the fenders because the BFGs run small.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Just check your pinch seams in the rear fender well. Make sure to pay attention rear pinch seam as well.

N8GTOL

Jeep Newb
Interestingly enough, when I went to trim the rear pinch seam on my 17 JKUR it was already done from the factory. I know it doesn't apply to your 11 but figured I would throw it out there for anyone who hasn't investigated their newer JK. I still trimmed the rock slider a bit to make sure it wouldn't rub. Hopefully my wheels come in soon so I can throw my 3.5 GC on.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Interestingly enough, when I went to trim the rear pinch seam on my 17 JKUR it was already done from the factory. I know it doesn't apply to your 11 but figured I would throw it out there for anyone who hasn't investigated their newer JK. I still trimmed the rock slider a bit to make sure it wouldn't rub. Hopefully my wheels come in soon so I can throw my 3.5 GC on.
Yep the newer models have the trim. Make sure to trim the rear part of the fender well as well quite a bit on the back side that can cut your tire as well. Especially running aftermarket arms.

N8GTOL

Jeep Newb
Still running the stock rear bumper until I demolish it and bushwacker flat fenders so the rear-rear pinch seam isn't exposed yet but appreciate the heads up. The control arms will be set to center the wheel at full flex and enough bump stops to prevent it from rubbing.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Still running the stock rear bumper until I demolish it and bushwacker flat fenders so the rear-rear pinch seam isn't exposed yet but appreciate the heads up. The control arms will be set to center the wheel at full flex and enough bump stops to prevent it from rubbing.
Yank that rear bumper off and go with the fascia only!

Yson

Jeep Newb
man you guys are making me rethink my build over.. i wanted to go the cheap way with the Rocksports because i'm in Qc canada and shit gets expensive when it gets here .. but after seeing all this 6pack talk i'm questioning myself about witch way to go lol

JeepOnRock

Jeep Newb
I have the RockSports on my 2.5" Game Changer. I think it rides slightly better than stock. Travel is good (although I know it would be better with the 6paks). Frankly, I only had enough budget for the RockSports, and will likely upgrade in the future when it is time.

BeachBum

Jeep Newb
My 2017 JK Recon is in the shop right now getting the 3.5 GC installed. Currently running 35's with 1.75" spacers. Here's the before. I'll add an after when I get it back in a couple days.