Anyone have experience with the MetalCloak longs travel short arm kit?

Toucantu

Jeep Newb
I’m considering saving up for rock sport kit. My LJ is my DD, and I’m going for more of an overland build.

Tyjedre16

Jeep Owner
Picked up a kit during the veterans day sale just waiting on time to install it but i heard and have seen nothing but good things from people running that kit.

Sarge368

Jeep Newb
I have the 3 1/2 inch MetalCloak short arm, long travel kit and love it. First, it came with everything and was easy to install. One part came missing a rubber grommet and MetalCloak took care of it very quickly. I have been running the lift now for 3 years. I have no sagging springs and everything still works great. It gives a firm ride, handles great on the freeway even at 80mph and performs amazingly off road. I have driven it in heavy rain at 70-80mph, through deep snow both freeway and trails, and on forest service roads in the mud. I don’t have squeaks or rattles. Several friends gave me grief about the expense but now that they see there are no problems and no “little issues “ that crop up they are impressed.

Attachments

Todd Ockert

We have the 3.5 inch kit on our jeep.
It performs flawlessly on the trails.
I don't DD it very much but it does handle well on the road.
This picture is from Swamp Lake Trail in the High Sierra's.
A very technical trail with lots of big obstacles to overcome.

RS-Jeep-Swamp.JPG

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have a JK, but I can tell you that it handles way better than my rig did off the show room floor. Its hands down the best upgrade I have made since owning the Jeep. I thing you will be very pleased.
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0154.jpg

Blake

Jeep Newb
I have had this kit on my 2006 L.J.R. since March of this year. I couldn't be more pleased with the kit. It's a little stiffer on the road than stock but that makes it handle better than it did when I bought it with 26,000 miles on it in 2008 and I drive it 50 mile round trip five days a week. On the trails.....She performs way beyond my expectations!!! You can't go wrong with this kit!!!
I too am looking to eventually make mine an overland Jeep. Keep us posted on your build.