Power tank refills

Ycats

Jeep Newb
A lot of wedding supply places don’t fill they only exchange which isn’t feasible if you have a power tank but I have had good luck with fire control companies (places that do fire extinguishers or fire systems in buildings) they charge like 15-20$ for a fill on my 20lb tank I use for filling tires.

cyberfalco

Jeep Newb
Agreed, the fire extinguisher places are your best bet. A lot of welding supply companies will no longer fill them.

JTCZJ

Jeep Newb
Agreed, welding supply shop. Also, they can re certify your tank to ensure it is safe, then re-stamp it to prove it is legit. Cost a little more $, but it’s worth when you have compressed CO2 in a tank. At least that’s what they do here in NC, state regulations. It cost about $23 dollars.

The NotARubicon

Jeep Owner
I've been going to the local paint-ball place, but of the three near my house, only 1 will fill a tank as large as mine (15lb).. They charge $25 ..
I just found a fire equipment supply house not from from me that will fill it for $15, and a friend has been going to a welding supply place that also only charges $15 ..

timp

Jeep Newb
How much can you do on a 10lb tank? I’m considering purchasing one, looking for some pros/cons

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
Here in Utah I tried a paintball supply store and had horrendous results. They filled the tank but did not pressurize it so I only got about 6 tires out of it.

Next I tried a local welding supply store. They did a great job, but they take a long time. I always have to drop it off and then pick it up later that week or the next. It’s only 20 bucks to fill, but I wish I could find a place that does it while I wait.