Sight seeing Northern California

Tdaddy4

Jeep Newb
Anyone know of nice trails that are not technically difficult just to go off road and enjoy the Jeep and scenery??

Mcorr87

Jeep Newb
Pelligrine national forest is beautiful and can be done almost in 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMANIMAL

Jeep Newb
Depending where you are at in Nor Cal, I would recommend checking out Signal Peak. It is located on 80 on the way up to Reno. My buddy and I tackled it together from the Eagle Lakes side and went down the Cisco Grove side. You can go up and down the Cisco Grove path, which is basically a fire road in terms of difficulty. The Eagle Lakes Side however was much more challenging in my stock 2017 JKUR. I caught the transfer case skid and gas tank skid a few times, even with my buddy spotting me. My buddy's 2015 JKUR has a 2" Mopar Lift and 33s and he scraped a few times as well, but probably would have been avoidable had he not been leading and had a spotter. The view at the top was amazing and totally worth the trek to get there!

You can read more here:
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/signal-peak-4x4-trail

Last edited:

btdoc

Jeep Newb
I've runs trails all over east of Red Bluff to and Mcorr87 is correct. A lot of fairly easy fun stuff up there. Pelligreen, Hogsback, Grapevine, Ishi Road, Ponderosa Way. Plenty of short connector section Jeep trails to. Check the Tehama wildlife refuge website though to see about fall and winter closures though. You can zigzag back and forth between 36, 32 and 44 in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk