modernjeeper
Raceline
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Regear with 38s

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSinGA View Post
    Yíall, before you blow a gasket over this gearing thing there are a few facts you need to know.

Kid will be living in south Alabama (flat).

Home will be 5 hours north (still flat)

Off road use will be limited for a quite a few years as he will be focusing on college, being a collegiate athlete and med school.

BFG KO2 37s are more like large 35s.

Heíll be fine on the 4.56 gears until he is employed and can make this jeep a dedicated trail rig.
    My only point in this is that you're wasting $1,500

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Post Thanks / Like
    I will throw this out there. If anything. Switch to 4:88 gears. No reason to go to 4:56. Waste of money. If you are going to down gear that much, I will trade you my 4:10 and you will get the same results. Or at least not enough to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

4. Likes Brian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the input yíall but itís getting 4.56 gears in it. Iíll be sure to let you know what the outcome is once itís done.

6. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSinGA View Post
    Appreciate the input yíall but itís getting 4.56 gears in it. Iíll be sure to let you know what the outcome is once itís done.
    No one here wants to change your mind. We are just trying to help others not make the same mistake you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    No one here wants to change your mind. We are just trying to help others not make the same mistake you are.

Mistake is a relative term. You canít make an across the board recommendation that all Jeeps with 37s need 5.13 gears.

If we lived in a western mountain state my decision would probably be different. If there were plans to wheel it hard my decision would probably be different.

I took all the usage considerations into account before ordering the gears. All the charts only provide starting points and not a hard ďif you have 37s you must have this gear ratioĒ.

As stated before, Iíll post up the results once we get them swapped. If I think it was a mistake for our situation I wonít be afraid to say so.

9. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84, Xkid liked this post