2016 JKU Heater Core

Msharpe08

Jeep Newb
Has anyone had or seen heater core issues on a 2016 JKU? I’m starting to notice my heat is not what it had been in the past. It seems to only work well when heat is on max (fan speed works fine at any level). I’ve seen where some previous years had issues. Just curious before I take it to the dealership.

war_shiper

Jeep Newb
There is a video of a man that tops off the upper heater core hose. Apparently JK 3.6's are notoriously good at trapping air there. He states that after flushing he still could not get the jeep heat hot enough. He finally played around and figured out this solution to the issue. Yes, 3.6 had/has casting issues but I would try this first before a dreaded core replacement goes into effect.

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
I have noticed the same thing on mine ('15 JKUR) after I have been driving. While it's warming up the heat has more response in temperature control but once it's been running for a while I only get good heat by turning it all the way up.

It has been in already a while ago for a bad climate control module (or something) and they did have to re-flash the computer for an update.