Highline metalcloak fenders

Tyjedre16

Jeep Owner
currently looking to highline my metalcloak arched fenders wondering if anyone has any insight in the process and what is involved

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
currently looking to highline my metalcloak arched fenders wondering if anyone has any insight in the process and what is involved
super simple, it takes about 4 hours with help. I did all around fenders and sliders and they are tough as nails when pivoting on boulders:

jeep1.jpg

ibdesertdog

Jeep Newb
Looks great. I'm going to have to do same on my 06 LJ Rubi. The new cloak upper and lower links with duraflex joints are to flexy for stock fenders!

My04LJ

Jeep Newb
Look up a build called nessie, he shows how he highlined his arched fenders to fit 37s with very little loft !!

Tyjedre16

Jeep Owner
any chance you could give me some info on what was done for it? how much did you move it up? any clearance issues under the hood?

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
I was going with a more permanent setup like GR or Poison Spider, but after losing a battle against a boulder in the Rubicon trail, all it takes is to unbolt the damaged fender, bolt a new one in... voila'/

thanks

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
I am now going with 37's and won't move one inch of anything... I have space for 40's but I don't have the funds to stretch the axles yet

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
any chance you could give me some info on what was done for it? how much did you move it up? any clearance issues under the hood?
no clearance issues, MC thought of everything, super clean set up, easy to follow instructions. you remove your original front fenders and flares and the rear plastic flares. I would suggest to start on the most difficult side (passenger front) get that done and the rest will be a lot easier. You need to think about your turn signals, buy the ones you want and also the new relay to stop the rapid flash. SAvvy has them for $29 i think.. I bought LED turn signals from Ebay for cheap.

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
Look up a build called nessie, he shows how he highlined his arched fenders to fit 37s with very little loft !!
I would say these fenders on a TJ will allow a 34 to 35 to fit easily with minimum lift, big bump stops but they will fit... you don't touch the hood at all.

BLKGOAT

Jeep Owner
I went back to read the OP.... by high lining the hood do you mean doing the high line type AEV hood .....and..... MC fenders?

You will not have space for anything, plus you will have a weird angle or step from the bottom of the firewall to the bottom of the front fender, and if in any case you can relocate all the stuff, the look will be weird unless you mount the MC rear fenders flush with the top of the tub and will need to cut the body quite a bit... interesting thought though.....

Moabbnd

Jeep Newb
Grabbed from the interwebz. Highlining the Metalcloaks takes drilling new holes and cutting the hood. You're just moving everything up a few inches from where they originally were.

Attachments