modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

MC rear track bar install

Trying to finish up my 3.5 MC GC lift. I've installed the MC bracket but can't seem to fit either end of the track bar in their respective bracket (MC and frame). Am I just supposed to muscle the heck out of it until it does? First major work done by myself so just want to make sure I get everything right. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Company View Post
    Trying to finish up my 3.5 MC GC lift. I've installed the MC bracket but can't seem to fit either end of the track bar in their respective bracket (MC and frame). Am I just supposed to muscle the heck out of it until it does? First major work done by myself so just want to make sure I get everything right. Thanks!

I believe I just lubed mine a bit with some of the grease that the arms come with and smack it in with a mallet.

4. Likes Bad_Company, cyrusmcc2002 liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JK_BUB View Post
    I believe I just lubed mine a bit with some of the grease that the arms come with and smack it in with a mallet.

Much obliged. Figured as much, just wanted to make sure.

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gah....still can't get this damn thing in. So close to finishing. Sucks to get hung up here.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a large adjustable wrench to slightly open up the bracket so you can get it to fit. Do not bend it open too much, just enough.

8. Thanks Bad_Company thanked for this post
    Likes steve, Bad_Company liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may need you use a ratchet strap to pull the axle to one side or the other or get the holes lined up. Like Brian said, open up the bracket a bit as well. Donít hammer them in, as you could damage your bushing.

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

10. Thanks Bad_Company thanked for this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you got in by now but just adding my 2cents. When we installed mine we used the lube that came with the kit and attached the frame end and then rocked the body back and forth a little. the bracket end fell right in place.

12. Thanks Bad_Company thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same as everyone else. I lubed it up, hit it with a rubber mallet until it went in.

14. Thanks Bad_Company thanked for this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rubber mallet as well, right fit

16. Thanks Bad_Company thanked for this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. Been a busy week. Adjustable wrench, grease, and mallet did the trick. Everything is installed, I think I got close to 4.5" out of this lift. Still have to go back and re-center the axles a little more. About a half inch off on the front and rear, but everything is great so far (Track bars go in a lot easier now). Still a little rough with the Falcon 3.3's on the softest setting but not a big deal. I'm wondering if it's more so the Ridge Grapplers in Load E than anything.