Ask The Expert- MC rear track bar install

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
Trying to finish up my 3.5 MC GC lift. I've installed the MC bracket but can't seem to fit either end of the track bar in their respective bracket (MC and frame). Am I just supposed to muscle the heck out of it until it does? First major work done by myself so just want to make sure I get everything right. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK_BUB

Jeep Owner
Trying to finish up my 3.5 MC GC lift. I've installed the MC bracket but can't seem to fit either end of the track bar in their respective bracket (MC and frame). Am I just supposed to muscle the heck out of it until it does? First major work done by myself so just want to make sure I get everything right. Thanks!

I believe I just lubed mine a bit with some of the grease that the arms come with and smack it in with a mallet.

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
I believe I just lubed mine a bit with some of the grease that the arms come with and smack it in with a mallet.

Much obliged. Figured as much, just wanted to make sure.

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
Gah....still can't get this damn thing in. So close to finishing. Sucks to get hung up here.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Use a large adjustable wrench to slightly open up the bracket so you can get it to fit. Do not bend it open too much, just enough.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
You may need you use a ratchet strap to pull the axle to one side or the other or get the holes lined up. Like Brian said, open up the bracket a bit as well. Don’t hammer them in, as you could damage your bushing.

dstonerii

Jeep Newb
I hope you got in by now but just adding my 2cents. When we installed mine we used the lube that came with the kit and attached the frame end and then rocked the body back and forth a little. the bracket end fell right in place.

Bad_Company

Jeep Newb
Thanks everyone. Been a busy week. Adjustable wrench, grease, and mallet did the trick. Everything is installed, I think I got close to 4.5" out of this lift. Still have to go back and re-center the axles a little more. About a half inch off on the front and rear, but everything is great so far (Track bars go in a lot easier now). Still a little rough with the Falcon 3.3's on the softest setting but not a big deal. I'm wondering if it's more so the Ridge Grapplers in Load E than anything.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well let’s see a before and after picture.

And yes, graps dont have the best road mannerisms. The side walls should soften up a bit once you get some miles on them.

Would definitely like to see some pics. I was planning on the same combo. MC game changer with the Falcon 3.3s.

You may want to check your air pressure in those tires too.