modernjeeper
MetalCloak 1
    Post Thanks / Like

Fridge install in a JK

Hello all,
    I am interested in installing a fridge in the back of my JKU and was hoping to get some feedback from those that already have. Any lessons learned during the install? What fridge and what slide (if any) did you use? I am also thinking about making an aluminum shelf above it so that I can put the rest of my camping gear on top of it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes AnvilX liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    $5000 Giveaway

Post Thanks / Like
    Admin, can you please move this to the JK discussion forum? I misread the title when I posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JK_BUB View Post
    Admin, can you please move this to the JK discussion forum? I misread the title when I posted.

Done
    My friends call me Gary ~ wait ~ I don't have any friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Jk_bub I am want to do the same on my jeep. From research I have done so far most people put in the arb 50 quart on a slider. I think because it is the best fit. Then they built shelves with drawers, a cutting board and stove storage. For me it is just soo expensive for the fridge. I am interested it what others say.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long do items need to stay cold? How about a 12-volt cooler?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    How long do items need to stay cold? How about a 12-volt cooler?
    I tried the 12v cooler, but by the 3rd day it wasnít staying cold enough. We do 4 days on the Rubicon trail every year and would like something that could stay cold through that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the 12v cooler, but by the 3rd day it wasnít staying cold enough. We do 4 days on the Rubicon trail every year and would like something that could stay cold through that.

Get a Yeti. If you precool your cooler it will hold ice for 5 days, even in the desert heat. If you use the divider and utilize dry ice, you can get much longer than that.

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdm...KJCqTcWSZHSGug

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

10. Likes JK_BUB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Get a Yeti. If you precool your cooler it will hold ice for 5 days, even in the desert heat. If you use the divider and utilize dry ice, you can get much longer than that.

I have considered that, but I think I would rather just not have to worry about ice. Besides, the price of a Yeti isnít too far below the Dometic 40qt fridge on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have considered that, but I think I would rather just not have to worry about ice. Besides, the price of a Yeti isnít too far below the Dometic 40qt fridge on Amazon.

Never heard of Domtic. Not sure I could spend that money on one without getting an ARB version. But Iím also the same idiot that has way too many Yetiís.

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdm...KJCqTcWSZHSGug

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/