Absolutely Awesome Personal Lighting from Milwaukee Tool

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I see a lot of tools each year and some stand out more than others as useful items to have with you at all times. The new Milwaukee small LED lighting with the rechargeable RedLithium USB batteries are very bright, have great features and also hold up to abuse.

How does this apply to a jeeper? Well, from experience or maybe bad luck, some of my biggest failures happen at night or in low light situations. Heck, even finding my wallet in my jeep at night can be a chore! These lights are in use in our shop, in our vehicles and in our homes everyday and I would trade y surefire lights for these. They are a good price and the battery that comes with them is just a single cell of which a normal 18 volt battery pack is made of.

Check out my video overview and let me know what you think.

[video=youtube;79dyG3ams7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79dyG3ams7E&t=18s[/video]

Here is more info:
USB Rechargeable 700L Flashlight (2110-21) - $69.99 http://amzn.to/2jFJx3V
- Lumen Output: 700 Lm / 100 Lm
- Runtime: 4.5 hr. / 16hr.
- Ingress Rating: IP67
- .50 lbs. w/ Battery
- 6.65 inches
- Includes USB Rechargeable 700L Flashlight, REDLITHIUM USB Battery, Micro-USB cable.

USB Rechargeable Hard Hat Headlamp (2111-21) - $59.99 http://amzn.to/2AoITzz
- Lumen Output: Spot/Flood: 475 Lm Flood: 300 Lm / 150 Lm / 25 Lm Spot: 300Lm
- Runtime: 2 hr. / 4.5 hr. / 8.5 hr. / 31 hr. / 4 hr
- Ingress Rating: IP54
- .37 lbs. w/ Battery
- Includes USB Rechargeable Hard Hat Headlamp, Strap, Hard Hat Clips, REDLITHIUM USB Battery, Micro-USB cable.

USB Rechargeable ROVER Pocket Flood Light (2112-21) - $59.99
- Lumen Output: 445 Lm / 100 Lm
- Runtime: 2 hr. / 11 hr.
- .36 lbs. w/ Battery
- 5.98 inches
- Includes USB Rechargeable ROVER Pocket Flood Light, REDLITHIUM USB Battery, Micro-USB cable.

Penlight (2105) - $19.99 http://amzn.to/2BBqgZA
- Lumen Output: 100 Lm
- Runtime: 3 hr. +
- Ingress Rating: IP67
- .14 lbs. w/ Battery
- 5.35 inches
- Includes Penlight, Clip, (2) AAA Batteries

Headlamp (2106) - $39.99 http://amzn.to/2jEAgJg
- Lumen Output: 300 Lm / 150 Lm / 25 Lm
- Runtime: 4 hr. / 8.5 hr. / 31 hr.
- .19 lbs. w/ Battery
- Includes Headlamp, Strap, Hard Hat Clips, (3) AAA Batteries

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
Gotta plug one of their other products for you too... For those of us in colder climates (hey, it's 28 degrees here in VA this morning!), Milwaukee has a line of battery-operated heated sweatshirts. These things are freakin' toasty, and run off the same 18v batteries you'd use in your cordless drill. I'm not linking them here, since I don't know whether it'd be considered advertising, but let me tell you... They make a world of difference when you are out in the cold - whether for Jeep-related wrenching, a walk in the woods with your favorite rifle/shotgun, or running construction trade outside. Available in sizes and colors, I've got my black hoodie and go through a 1Ah battery about every other day with 3 hours or so of use per day. Found out about them from a buddy who rides his motorcycle come rain or shine or snow... He has one underneath his jacket and vest, and said it made more difference in feel than leathers, so of course I had to try it...

gnk0o.jpg

Best!
O_E

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have to say the fact that its rechargeable via USB is awesome. I always hate when the dang batteries go dead when you need it most. With USB ports in dang near every vehicle now, you can always have flashlight ready to go......unless your Jeep battery is dead!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Gotta plug one of their other products for you too... For those of us in colder climates (hey, it's 28 degrees here in VA this morning!), Milwaukee has a line of battery-operated heated sweatshirts. These things are freakin' toasty, and run off the same 18v batteries you'd use in your cordless drill. I'm not linking them here, since I don't know whether it'd be considered advertising, but let me tell you... They make a world of difference when you are out in the cold - whether for Jeep-related wrenching, a walk in the woods with your favorite rifle/shotgun, or running construction trade outside. Available in sizes and colors, I've got my black hoodie and go through a 1Ah battery about every other day with 3 hours or so of use per day. Found out about them from a buddy who rides his motorcycle come rain or shine or snow... He has one underneath his jacket and vest, and said it made more difference in feel than leathers, so of course I had to try it...

Best!
O_E
I had to look those up...freaking awesome...I am not sure why I have never seen it before, but this would be great for deer hunting....at the very least cut out a layer or two.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I had to look those up...freaking awesome...I am not sure why I have never seen it before, but this would be great for deer hunting....at the very least cut out a layer or two.
You need to wear them next to a T-shirt. They are not meant to be worn over a sweatshirt as the heat will not penetrate as well and the battery will not last as long. If you are looking at them, IMHO, the vest is the best option as it can be used in many different places. It is thin and lightweight and can be worn under things easily.

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
You need to wear them next to a T-shirt. They are not meant to be worn over a sweatshirt as the heat will not penetrate as well and the battery will not last as long. If you are looking at them, IMHO, the vest is the best option as it can be used in many different places. It is thin and lightweight and can be worn under things easily.
TBPH I'd never even thought of wearing it over anything other than an undershirt. Agree in principle, the closer it is to your body the better! You wouldn't have to turn it up as high to get the same amount of heat coming in, thus saving batteries. I like my hoodie version because the arms are heated, and me being a smoker with constricted blood vessels, that makes all the difference on keeping warm. If only they made long johns / socks like this... Patent time!

O_E

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
TBPH I'd never even thought of wearing it over anything other than an undershirt. Agree in principle, the closer it is to your body the better! You wouldn't have to turn it up as high to get the same amount of heat coming in, thus saving batteries. I like my hoodie version because the arms are heated, and me being a smoker with constricted blood vessels, that makes all the difference on keeping warm. If only they made long johns / socks like this... Patent time!

O_E
Just an FYI, the hoodies and jackets only heat around your body. They do not create heat in the arm area. The heat zones are in front and in back. The vest gives you the same heat zones as a hoodie or jacket.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
The best would be great. This would be something I would wear under my other layers. Would also be great for those cold mornings on the trail and no doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk