modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello from Northern Virginia

Hey all

Some of you may recognize me from other Jeeping type forums, hadn't known about MJF until this morning.

Let's see... where to start.

I daily-drive my 2016 Rubicon (2.5" Frankenlift from Quadratec, some lighting upgrades, etc... on 33's) called Odin
    The wife has her 2013 Sport Unlimited (3.5" AEV lifted, some more offroad goodies, 35's, so on) called Freyja

Hoping to get more into the Jeep scene as I've more or less taken the last year off working on the house, and there goes all the mod money.

At one point I had a '95 YJ Rio Grande, affectionately known as Loosey, SOA on 35's and more rust than vehicle. Had to get rid of her when she failed safety inspection for frame rot. I miss Loosey, she was so much fun!

Anyway, looking forward to good discussion and hopefully my general Jeeping knowledge will be put to good use here.

O_E

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    $5000 Giveaway

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I love that people name their Jeeps. My wife named her first Bessey.... I asked her why she named it Bessey and she said it felt like a Bessey.... When I asked her how she knew what a Bessey felt like, the conversation ended. LOL

How did you and your wife come up with the names of your Jeeps?

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I love that people name their Jeeps. My wife named her first Bessey.... I asked her why she named it Bessey and she said it felt like a Bessey.... When I asked her how she knew what a Bessey felt like, the conversation ended. LOL

How did you and your wife come up with the names of your Jeeps?
    I've always been into the Norse mythology thing since long before the whole superhero movie thing started. Our cat is named Loki (the trickster, god of mischief), and my previous ride was Skulld (the Norn of fate, who cuts short the thread of men's lives)

Oh, yes, the previous ride - 2003 Audi RS6. The execu-rocket. Twin-turbo Cosworth 4.2L V8, AWD, 0-60 in nothing flat and top speed of "Autobahn" Skulld was a very, very, very fun ride, but far too expensive to maintain. 3 years of ownership cost me almost $30k in maintenance costs, and I did all the work I could myself. I moved into the Wrangler because upkeep costs were more than mod costs for the Jeeps!

O_E

5. Thanks Brian thanked for this post
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk