Good all around Impact Wrench

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
If you are looking for a good home use or travel duty battery operated impact wrench, the new Ridgid 18 volt Gen5X Brushless impact wrench might be for you. You can now get battery operated impact wrenches from 150 ft lbs up to 1,400 ft lbs and this ridgid falls in the middle with 450 ft lbs of torque.

450 ft lbs are enough to work on 99%, if not all the bolts on your Jeep. The benefit of this tool is that it is small and lightweight and fairly inexpensive.

Check out our video about it.

[video=youtube;LE776x4MIpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE776x4MIpc&t=1s[/video]

Jd45acp

Jeep Newb
Thank you for the link. That Rigid Impact Wrench looks great. Not too expensive, and strong enough to work on most everything i will need it to do.

Xkid

Jeep Fanatic
That's great. I got a flat on the trail this past summer, and my buddy pulled out his Milwaukee and in 10 minutes, done. This is cheaper and in Canada you get free batteries for life. Not sure about this model though.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
That's great. I got a flat on the trail this past summer, and my buddy pulled out his Milwaukee and in 10 minutes, done. This is cheaper and in Canada you get free batteries for life. Not sure about this model though.

Free batteries for life!? How does that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xkid

Jeep Fanatic
Just buy Ridgid battery operated tools and get batteries for life. Pretty good huh.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Just buy Ridgid battery operated tools and get batteries for life. Pretty good huh.

You have to buy the batteries with the tool, not separate and make sure you register everything online and they have a lifetime warranty. Keep your receipt!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk