Dozer 2012 JK build plan

Auburndozer

Jeep Owner
I've added the MC SportGate on the rear, with the hi-lift jack and Motobilt license plate relo. Really like how solid it is now, and not seeing the tire bounce a little. Found out my jack rattles quite a bit and I have a little rubbing on the bumper d-ring. Need to get some wrench time between the holidays to address those.

Working on the next phase of the build. Carbon D44/D60, 4.56 gearing and eLockers. Adams driveshaft. Still deciding on which steering kit to go with. Probably not MC for that. Also trying to find new 18" wheels with 4.5" or less backspacing, and will need to pull trigger on those before axles go in. Hopefully RockHard cage to protect my melon.

Any one have tips/tricks when installing Carbon/Currie RockJocks and MC gamechanger with 6paks?

Attachments

Auburndozer

Jeep Owner
Next phase is done. Carbon 44/60, Rock Hard cage, Currie steering, and Adams driveshafts. Went 1310 on shafts to clear the UnderCloak without trimming. Really impressed with the ground clearance improvement. 4.56 gears and eLockers. Steering is a little twitchy, but I assume that will settle down.

We have a new foster placement and went from zero kids to three (4,5,7 years old). They did an awesome job taking turns riding in the back, since JK only has room for 2 at a time. Teaching them to wave at every Jeep. Wait till they see the top comes off.

It’ll be a wee bit before I can get 500 mile break-in and test everything out offroad. Wish I had done the Carbon break in option, where they use a machine to do the break in and ship it out ready to go.

Not sure what is next. Maybe 37” Milestar Patagonia’s. Didn’t get new wheels, since upgrading tire & wheel is the better choice.

What do you recommend?

WDE!!!

Attachments

Pthorpe84

Staff member
You can’t go wrong with a set of raceline monster beadlocks and 37’s. I would say go up to the 38’s but the your gearing my not be deep enough.

Another note, is the rear trackbar hitting your diff cover when cycling?