modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Dozer 2012 JK build plan

Starting off the build of my Jeep.

In August, I picked up a 2012 JK Sport 2 door in Dozer. It had never been offroad, garage kept, and 32K miles. Mostly stock with stick shift, Dana 30/44 with 3.73 gears, K&N intake, and Banks muffler. It's my quasi daily driver for errands and airport runs when I travel for work. I'm in Alabama, so riding is national forests, private offroad parks, and friends' hunting/timber land. Looking at weekend trips to Jeep Jamborees in the Southeast & KY next year. It's been great on the forest trails so far, but need more clearance and recovery gear for confidence. Goal is capable offroad for overland & trails not a rock crawler. Also minimize additional weight and family vehicle for fun/errands. My last Jeep was an XJ that I sold in 2002.

So far, I've installed an Auburn shift knob and spiderwebshade. Both of those are awesome. The shift knob is a great security feature, since no one else can figure out where reverse is.

Need to install the rear facing baby seat this weekend, and practice getting my big arse in the back seat while carrying a baby. Tailgates and the little guy limits trail time right now, but he should be able to come along next spring/summer when he starts talking.

Here's the plan right now:

Phase 1 - December: ordered the Metalcloak 3.5 lift with 6-paks and Rocksport steering stabilizer through the Veteran's Day sale. Planning on Cooper STT Pro LT305/70R18 (35") on the black Sahara 18" wheels with a spacer. Installing via HitList Offroad. Great group and supporting fellow vets.

In conjunction with Phase 1 (checking prices and waiting for a sale, probably cyber Monday):
    • Rugged Ridge 3d brake light ring & cut-off the 3d brake light
    • Teraflex extended spare tire bracket for larger spare tire
    • Rugged ridge hood latches (or another brand if better quality)
    • ACE inner fenders with the extra piece
    • Black out the wheels per wife's request: black lug nuts and rattle can the Jeep logo on center hub
    • Grab handles front & back. Prefer dozer color
    • High lift jack & hood mount
    • Tree saver, shackles and other recovery gear.
    • Whip antenna with good reception

Phase 2 (spring/summer depending on how much offroad time)
    • Rock Hard rock rails
    • Bumper - Metalcloak or Rock Hard aluminum --- weight is main consideration. Wish the Metalcloak bumper systems were available in aluminum. I like their ability to swap out parts vs whole bumper to change features/looks
    • Winch - Warn Zeon Platinum 10s or VR-10s
    • Skids - Rock Hard aluminum system to save weight
    • Rear bumper - I use the stock tow hitch a fair amount, so need to investigate hitch/plugs and tire carrier options
    • Upgrade the speakers for better tunes with top down

Phase 3 (TBD):
    • Axles - used Rubicon 44 or maybe Spicer ultimate
    • Lockers
    • Big brakes
    • Onboard air
    • Metalcloak overland fenders and 37s+

Pics below and feedback always welcomed. Will update as the build progresses.

WDE!

Jeep.jpg
    Jeep riding - no license plate.jpg
    Jeep shift knob.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    $5000 Giveaway

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the build!

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dozers built up look amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburndozer View Post
    Starting off the build of my Jeep. ]
    If I were you I would move the air compressor up on your list. You will want that far before many other things. Very handy tool.

Also, I would go ahead and relocate your evap canister before you crush it....I didnít do it and now I have to look at lights on my dash now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdm...KJCqTcWSZHSGug

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/