DIY Fender Flare Blueprints

Armylife87

Jeep Newb
Looking to see if anyone on here has made there own fender flares and if so I would love to see some pics of the outcome and if at all possible maybe some schematics/blueprints for the build. Thanks in advance

Pthorpe84

Staff member
It’s pretty easy. Best thing to do is draw out what you are looking for with chalk and then break out the jig saw. You will need to get some black door trim and some zip ties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member

See how the door trim is used here

Make sure to zip tie in these two locations. You will trash the rears.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Honestly I just mimicked the MC lines on mine since that is the style I will ultimately use.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Be aware you will cut through some of this. Depending how narrow you make them you could cut into the metal. It’s fine. I did that on my black jku. Other than that you will just find a place to put your market light. I just tucked mine under the hood. Who needs it lol. Let me know if you have some particulars. Pretty easy to do.

Armylife87

Jeep Newb
Yours turned out very nice and clean. I probably should have clarified in my original post, I'm currently interested in metal tube flares. Thanks for sharing though, good looking rig

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Yours turned out very nice and clean. I probably should have clarified in my original post, I'm currently interested in metal tube flares. Thanks for sharing though, good looking rig
No problem. Good luck on the metal tubes. I doubt many are making there own. There is a post on the SEMA thread where they had used expanded metal as basis of design. Looked awesome.

austin160

Jeep Owner
There is a youtube video where a guy makes his own, saw it while back. Basically, he started at the bottom by the doors, and made bends in small increments until he got the angle. But it required complex bends(going in different directions) to follow the lines. Then sheetmetal on top welded to the tubes, with a piece that bolts to the body for the inside.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
There is a youtube video where a guy makes his own, saw it while back. Basically, he started at the bottom by the doors, and made bends in small increments until he got the angle. But it required complex bends(going in different directions) to follow the lines. Then sheetmetal on top welded to the tubes, with a piece that bolts to the body for the inside.
Do you think you could find it for us and post it up?