So the new JL Rubicon gets Colorado axles

SCREAMER

Jeep Newb
It’s a sad day for anyone that waited for the “newer and better” model. The latest “leaked” equipment list shows the Rubicon getting the Dana M210 and M220 axles which are straight out of a quarter ton 2015 Colorado. Now anyone who plans to wheel or modify their JL with anything larger than 32inch tires will have to add 10 grand to their build list. I can’t wait to see all the backlash from this. And all so the JL can pick up 2mpgs on the freeway. SMH

Pthorpe84

Staff member
It’s a sad day for anyone that waited for the “newer and better” model. The latest “leaked” equipment list shows the Rubicon getting the Dana M210 and M220 axles which are straight out of a quarter ton 2015 Colorado. Now anyone who plans to wheel or modify their JL with anything larger than 32inch tires will have to add 10 grand to their build list. I can’t wait to see all the backlash from this. And all so the JL can pick up 2mpgs on the freeway. SMH
Say it ain’t so....I thought I had read an article with Jeep stating it would retain the Dana axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Say it ain’t so....I thought I had read an article with Jeep stating it would retain the Dana axles.

We are planning to run 37's on our build...... The good news is that, if this is true, the aftermarket will step up and sell them cheaper. The more they sell the better the pricing. Also, one can choose a gear ratio of thier choice and get quality.

This Jeep is all Fiat design huh....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
We are planning to run 37's on our build...... The good news is that, if this is true, the aftermarket will step up and sell them cheaper. The more they sell the better the pricing. Also, one can choose a gear ratio of thier choice and get quality.

This Jeep is all Fiat design huh....

Come on Brian.....be the first to comp cut & stretch a two door with 1-Tons...junkyard style[emoji6]

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Ummmm No http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1711-first-look-2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Lol. They didn’t say anything about the sport and Sahara models. Or at least I didn’t see it.

I had pictures of what comes underneath a Sahara and if you look closely there under that silver Jeep