International Antiquities

r0ker0

Jeep Newb
Found this jeep at a road side restaurant near Villavicencio, Colombia. The locals told me that military surplus jeeps from WW2 and Korea were well proven in the coffee plantations and Jeep itself became very popular in Colombia as a result. Here are a few pictures. Anyone else found older Jeeps abroad?
IMG_4698.jpg
IMG_4701.jpg

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
That one has had some modernization! Looks nice though.

I have not seen many old ones in other countries unless they were military ones, still in use.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I haven’t seen many in my brief travels. But I had(Recently deceased) friend who spent 7 years in Columbia and he had a CJ-7. Drove it all over the jungle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
All I need to say is Jeepney in the Philippines.

I was there in 2005 on vacation, and Jeepneys are a big mode of public transport. Take your standard WWII Willys and add a stretch bus back at the standard roofline, with long bench seats down each side of the back. Then decorate it with paint, lights, doo-dads, and throw it on the road with 15 passengers crammed in, swerving all over the roadways of Manila among thousands of other Jeepneys and Trikes and all other manner of vehicle. Fun stuff, but riding in one is more than my back could take...

Check out this double-decker Jeepney!

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
All I need to say is Jeepney in the Philippines.

I was there in 2005 on vacation, and Jeepneys are a big mode of public transport. Take your standard WWII Willys and add a stretch bus back at the standard roofline, with long bench seats down each side of the back. Then decorate it with paint, lights, doo-dads, and throw it on the road with 15 passengers crammed in, swerving all over the roadways of Manila among thousands of other Jeepneys and Trikes and all other manner of vehicle. Fun stuff, but riding in one is more than my back could take...

Check out this double-decker Jeepney!
Pimp’n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk