What hood latches are you using?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
What hood latches are you running and why? Mine are beginning to get that horrible gray fade and I'm looking to upgrade. Thanks in advance for all your input.

JakeF150

Jeep Newb
Rugged Ridge XHD Hood Catches.
I bought my jeep the day before Thanksgiving and put 500 highway miles on it before it was 3 days old. The hood moved more than I liked so looked into replacements that were all metal and these came up first, lol. There are others for sure.

Blank

Jeep Owner
Factory no issues with mine I treat them they aren’t grey anymore. Just some loving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
The OE ones give far too much movement, the Daystar replacements are $25 well spent, no need to go overboard with the smartass ones at $100.

Dcs1779

Jeep Owner
I bought my 07 around Thanksgiving of last year and immediately saw that I needed to do something to mine. I couldn’t believe the stock ones were still on there. I put on some Daystar replacements and painted the brackets with some Rustolium Black Enamel. I tried mother’s Back to Black and a handful of other products that my friends and neighbors have used. Nothing lasted longer than 2 weeks. Paint and Daystars were the best choice for me.

Blank

Jeep Owner
How long does the gel keep the color black again before fading again?
I haven’t done mine in a while and they still looking real good. I just need to take a brush and apply it where my applicator couldn’t reach