Ask The Expert- Exhaust Question When Ordering Lift

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So why does MC ask if we have aftermarket exhaust when ordering a lift? Do the parts change? Why is this important?:dunno:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
not sure how that would interfere with the exhaust...but heck I'm the one who doesn't know in the first place lol!

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
I believe it determines whether you get the sway bar spacers or the drop brackets

This is correct. The small spacers to move the sway bar back for shock clearance will run it into the muffler. If you are running a stock muffler we send the 4" drops that use the factory links.

chitown35

Jeep Owner
This is correct. The small spacers to move the sway bar back for shock clearance will run it into the muffler. If you are running a stock muffler we send the 4" drops that use the factory links.
FYI I'm running the spacers with the stock muffler with no issues, as is another person I know of. Not sure if it's a model year or manufacturing variance thing or what.

chitown35

Jeep Owner
They normally clear when it is sitting on flat ground but will hit when the the rear sway bar gets twisted
Interesting. Actually I forgot I took mine off at the recommendation of the cti tech...We didn't see any interference, but maybe we missed it. I wonder if that was a problem. What exactly hit, where the arms bend?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Welp....depending on ride once mine is lifted....chunking the rear sway bar[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk