Jk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Great looking rig. Nice to see you opted for the yellow OME shocks. How is the on road ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edguy

Jeep Owner
Great looking rig. Nice to see you opted for the yellow OME shocks. How is the on road ride?

Thank you. I was going to go with the 6 pak shocks but couldn't find many people that were running them. Maybe coilovers next but I'm really liking these OME's The on road ride is at least as good as stock if not a little better.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Thank you. I was going to go with the 6 pak shocks but couldn't find many people that were running them. Maybe coilovers next but I'm really liking these OME's The on road ride is at least as good as stock if not a little better.

Good to hear. Im wanting to do the six packs due to the travel. Lots of folks opt for the OME or Rocksports because of the lower maintenance. I have heard nothing but good from all of the offerings from MC.

I did get to ride in a rig with Rocksports a few weeks and back. It was very nice. Reminded me of the stock ride with 32’s......but we were at 3.5” and 37’s.

Edguy

Jeep Owner
Good to hear. Im wanting to do the six packs due to the travel. Lots of folks opt for the OME or Rocksports because of the lower maintenance. I have heard nothing but good from all of the offerings from MC.

I did get to ride in a rig with Rocksports a few weeks and back. It was very nice. Reminded me of the stock ride with 32’s......but we were at 3.5” and 37’s.
Looking for new shocks. Any recommendations please?? Just picked up some half doors. Should have got these years ago!!!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Looking for new shocks. Any recommendations please?? Just picked up some half doors. Should have got these years ago!!!

Well King and Fox are some of the most sought after. And it’s hard to argue with Kings reputation. For the money, I honestly feel the Rocksports are about as good as it gets. Rancho makes a nice shock that is adjustable to fit your style. I would suggest getting a shock that matches your spring rate.

Edit: I forgot to go back up and read what you were running. Since you have the Game Changer lift, why not just move to the 6-packs? You will gain a lot of travel.

Last edited:

JK_BUB

Jeep Owner
I have the King adjustable 2.5s and couldn’t be happier. They work very well with the MC springs. So well, that I am shocked that MC doesn’t offer them with one of their kits.

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
I am shocked that MC doesn’t offer them with one of their kits
Roughly price-pointed (and therefore would compete with) the proprietary 6-pak shocks already on offer...

Though I agree with you, I'd love to see what a GC 2.5/3.5/etc suspension would ride like on King Coilovers. I should have my chance in a couple months when a local Jeeper I walked through component selection with gets all his parts in and attached.

O_E

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Roughly price-pointed (and therefore would compete with) the proprietary 6-pak shocks already on offer...

Though I agree with you, I'd love to see what a GC 2.5/3.5/etc suspension would ride like on King Coilovers. I should have my chance in a couple months when a local Jeeper I walked through component selection with gets all his parts in and attached.

O_E
They are not coil overs, but I have been in a JK and JKU on ORI’s and MC links. It rode very nicely. Little body roll, no sway bars on one due to triangulation and the other wasn’t running a rear sway bar. Handled bumps in road nicely. Off-road......they are beast.

GeckoJeep

Jeep Newb
Nice rigs everyone! Looking to do a Fab Four rear bumper and lift next... any suggestions?IMG_0393.JPG

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Welp I just picked Jackhammer up from Rock Your 4X4. New gearing was just what the doctor ordered. No more running up the rpm’s when on an incline or just trying to reverse. Amazing how much of a difference there is.

Went from 4:10 to 5:13’s

Also got some synergy ball joints. My passenger side was shot. Needless to say the On road feel is much better. I wanted to go all out on the ball joints and get Rare’s, but I know that tons are in the future and do not want to spend anymore than I have too.

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
Welp I just picked Jackhammer up from Rock Your 4X4. New gearing was just what the doctor ordered. No more running up the rpm’s when on an incline or just trying to reverse. Amazing how much of a difference there is.

Went from 4:10 to 5:13’s

Also got some synergy ball joints. My passenger side was shot. Needless to say the On road feel is much better. I wanted to go all out on the ball joints and get Rare’s, but I know that tons are in the future and do not want to spend anymore than I have too.

I’ve had synergy for a couple of years with zero problems. I hope when I get my g2 housing, they hold up as good as my synergy have :D

JeepnDel

Administrator
Staff member
As to shocks, I am running and LOVE my RockSports up front. I also added the Dual Rate Coil Springs. Both from MetalCloak. My CTI score went from mid 700's to 880 on my TJ and that is a LOT of improvement.
jeep_tire_shocks_jambo_web.jpg