Limb Savers/Risers

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
I have them from Offroad Elements. I take them down when not on trails because they're pretty noisy but I find them nice for trails with lots of overgrowth. Putting them up or down once installed is super easy.

Actual install wasn't hard either but I waited until I got my cargo cage. If you have alight bar there are brackets for that too, I got the brackets for the A pillars and instead of drilling/screwing into the Jeep I drilled holes for them in my cargo cage and used snap rivets with sealant in the holes, then black plastidip over the tops.

I can give you pictures if you want.

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
I like your idea of attaching to your overhead rack, I did not think about drilling holes into the A-pillars for the mounting brackets. I am glad that I asked the question since I live in Mi, I believe I just changed my mind with your reply. My luck plus the rust factor could equal a bad ending over time for my A-pillars. I know there are good anti-rust products out there but............... Thanks for your reply El Sanchimoto.

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
I like your idea of attaching to your overhead rack, I did not think about drilling holes into the A-pillars for the mounting brackets. I am glad that I asked the question since I live in Mi, I believe I just changed my mind with your reply. My luck plus the rust factor could equal a bad ending over time for my A-pillars. I know there are good anti-rust products out there but............... Thanks for your reply El Sanchimoto.
As long as you use a good bare metal primer and put a good blob of industrial sealant (GOOP or similar) in the holes that you drill out you should be good in all honesty. The ones I got had three screws on each bracket and they were pretty small, plus the bracket had some material that the screws went through to help prevent moisture from getting through. Offroad Elements is also a North East company, and those guys have them on their Jeeps so I'd feel pretty confident they don't want rust either.

If you're gonna get an overhead rack, or a windshield mount for lights I'd wait until you get that to do the limb risers. No need to drill holes that aren't permanent.