Ask The Expert- JK Parking Brake

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have a 2017 JKU HR. Ever since I pulled off the lot, the parking brake has been sub standard. Lately it has become more and more "loose". This weekend I pulled into my buddies driveway. Pulled the parking brake and the jeep just rolled down the hill like it wasn't even on.

Can you give me a procedure on how to fix this? What is the cause? And is there aftermarket parts to remedy this from happening again?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
I have a 2017 JKU HR. Ever since I pulled off the lot, the parking brake has been sub standard. Lately it has become more and more "loose". This weekend I pulled into my buddies driveway. Pulled the parking brake and the jeep just rolled down the hill like it wasn't even on.

Can you give me a procedure on how to fix this? What is the cause? And is there aftermarket parts to remedy this from happening again?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It can be tightened. Plenty of videos on you tube on how to do it.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Here you go bud.

[video=youtube;cLus59GySUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLus59GySUM[/video]

There are so many better ways to have a parking brake.... LOL.... But either way.. Get'r done

tkhawk01

Jeep Newb
I may need to tighten mine, every now and then I forget that I have it on and it doesn't do much to slow the jeep down.

Todd Ockert

This reminds me that I need to tighten mine on my TJ.
The last trip out it would not hold very well.

I am sure the process is not very different between the TJ and JK to adjust the parking break.

Another reason to install a line break.

Todd