Land Use Information

Todd Ockert

Today, I posted a couple of things from the Sharetrails Facebook page that shows what the Anti-OHV groups have said about OHV users.

Is this the kind of information you would like to see?

What else would you like to see here for land use information?

Modern Jeeper has a calendar for events already, but would you like to know specific events that are going above and beyond to support land use organizations?

Del and I are pretty active in here, and if there is something specific you want to know, please let us know.

We will get back to you.

Thanks Matson for trusting me enough to make me a Moderator here.
You Rock Dude.

Thanks

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I would say we need a update area for events on all states. We need representation there and I would be more than willing to make all of them in my area. I know this is a bigger issue in the West, but at the end of the day we have to step up before all of the land is lost.

I can't tell you how much hunting land that has been taken away from us in the last 20 years. OHV is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Ockert

Are you talking about specific 4x4/Jeep events, or events that need representation to make sure the OHV users voice is heard, like at a forest service meeting?

I think we could make a new topic area within the Land Use topic for events, and we could all work to populate it.

I also maintain an OHV Event Calendar on Facebook that is getting a lot of traffic with events around the country.

I would work on pulling some of those events over here if we thought it would be beneficial.

Thanks

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Are you talking about specific 4x4/Jeep events, or events that need representation to make sure the OHV users voice is heard, like at a forest service meeting?

I think we could make a new topic area within the Land Use topic for events, and we could all work to populate it.

I also maintain an OHV Event Calendar on Facebook that is getting a lot of traffic with events around the country.

I would work on pulling some of those events over here if we thought it would be beneficial.

Thanks

Todd
I think both specific and events that need representation. I know at the Pro Rock Racing event last weekend there was nothing about it. Those racers make there lively hood off of the land. Need to be out in full force. Lots of off road events here in TN and can't say I have ever seen anything on awareness.

Forestry meetings would be great.

I think most of us are just ignorant on to where and when we can make an impact.

Todd Ockert

Big Rich with WeRock and Dirt Riot has always allowed us to show up and have a booth to talk land use.
We have not used this as much as I would like, but it comes down to the travel.
Who can we get there with very minimal cost, or who will on the board or contractors do this on their own dime.
It is hard to get someone to all these events.
I wish we had a larger travel budget of "0" dollars.
We have paid for some travel over the years to different events that typically have had a good return of members or donation dollars.

I will send Matson a note about adding a topic area for events, and that could also list specific land use meetings with the land managers.
We have also used Sharetrails certified volunteers to help attend events. We can send information to the individual to man a booth and pass out information.
If interested, please let me know.
Cory with the CTI trailer passes out information for us on his travels around the country.
Thanks for the idea.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Big Rich with WeRock and Dirt Riot has always allowed us to show up and have a booth to talk land use.
We have not used this as much as I would like, but it comes down to the travel.
Who can we get there with very minimal cost, or who will on the board or contractors do this on their own dime.
It is hard to get someone to all these events.
I wish we had a larger travel budget of "0" dollars.
We have paid for some travel over the years to different events that typically have had a good return of members or donation dollars.

I will send Matson a note about adding a topic area for events, and that could also list specific land use meetings with the land managers.
We have also used Sharetrails certified volunteers to help attend events. We can send information to the individual to man a booth and pass out information.
If interested, please let me know.
Cory with the CTI trailer passes out information for us on his travels around the country.
Thanks for the idea.

Todd
I would be happy to go to anything within reasonable travel. There are plenty of wheeling events in East Tennessee that I could drive down to for a weekend.

I think if we had a thread that showed opportunities for us to be present at, we could work with folks local to that area to attend. I am a pro staffer for a Pradco Outdoors and they use me very much that way.

Maybe shoot me a pm or email and we could discuss more privately. Definitely should get matson involved.

Todd Ockert

The calendar that is attached to the forum here works pretty good.
I also just asked to have a new topic area added about events.

I will start adding events from my Facebook group OHV Events Calendar to the above calendar.

PM sent.

Todd

Todd Ockert

They created a new forum area for events.
If you know of events, please post them in there.

If you would like BRC information to display or hand out if you have a booth, please let me know, and I can have the office send you some magazines and membership stuff.

Thanks

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
They created a new forum area for events.
If you know of events, please post them in there.

If you would like BRC information to display or hand out if you have a booth, please let me know, and I can have the office send you some magazines and membership stuff.

Thanks

Todd
I pm’d you my address. Please send me what you can. I can hand this stuff out on rides. Hopefully we can be present at some local events here soon.