Jackhammer Build

Pthorpe84

Staff member
easy mod. About $5 from AutoZone. Makes changing lanes much easier
my favorite mod. Trimmed the bottom side of the vents on my hood. Now the Hardrock hood is functional and does keep my engine a few degrees cooler. Took about 5 mins with a Dremel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
mount for Evap relo and my cheap-O Apollointec Switch Pod. Works great by the way and the was made very well for a over the ocean option.
air tank mounted to the rear door. Not a huge fan. Will move once I get a deck lid or a different top.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
stubby antenna, got tired of the stock one coming loose and rattling around.
yeah I love stickers...I know I'm one of those.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
tore up my Dynomax exhaust. Used a BFH to put it back together. Working good now.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
locked it up!
got a great deal on a flat link. Yes I know I need to clean up my winch line.

I don't have any pics of the Evo Skids but I will have a review on them soon. Has a few issues and I will eventually replace.

That's all I got for now.

piratesolo

Jeep Newb
Nice build! How do you like having the hi-lift jack on the hood? I bought my rig with it mounted on the spare tire bar and it blocks half my view so I have been considering some other options.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well have a couple things to knock off the list of to do’s. Let’s start with the tie rod. The stock rod was as crooked as a Hillary[emoji23]. Sorry but I could resist. Once installed. Steering tightened up significantly. However I still need to get it aligned. The rod ends are much larger than stock, as well as the rod itself.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Nice build! How do you like having the hi-lift jack on the hood? I bought my rig with it mounted on the spare tire bar and it blocks half my view so I have been considering some other options.
First off. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I just over looked your post. It was ok. I honestly got tired of not being able to use my windshield whippers to clean my windows and moved it to the rear. Other than that I never had any issues. Really wasn’t in my way. If the dang thing wouldn’t block the sprayers on the hood, it would still be there.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Woohoo! It’s finally lift time. Went with the 3.5” Game Changer with Rocksport shocks.

Beer break

Realized we needed to do some trimming due to the C Gussets.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Way Before....

...and after!

Overall the install went really smooth. Honestly removing the old parts was the toughest. Had the upper front shock bolt break off while removing. Also, had the welded nut for the bar pin snap off. Thinking it was a poor weld. Doing this on the ground was challenging. Having a lift will make this much easier.

I have to give it to you guys that do this type of work everyday. It’s tough. My fat ass was wore out when finished....and I’m still sore. Lol

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Feels great now. The drive to the alignment shop was a little wonky. Honestly it drives really well. Much stiffer than the stock suspension. There is less body roll...which made me realize how horrible the stock suspension was. So far I’m really impressed with how well the Rocksports do on road. They soak up the bumps in the road like a sponge.

It will be a couple weeks before I get to flex it. Waiting on drivelines and fenders.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Figured I needed to update the build. Front fenders are on. Also the gold diff covers put on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk