modernjeeper
Kicker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice build! How do you like having the hi-lift jack on the hood? I bought my rig with it mounted on the spare tire bar and it blocks half my view so I have been considering some other options.

2. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    finally got some new to me 37's. Will get me by for a little while longer. finally got a new spare37X13.50r17 Toyo MT and made a rear tail light out of the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome build man! Jeep looking good.

4. Likes JR007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well have a couple things to knock off the list of to doís. Letís start with the tie rod. The stock rod was as crooked as a Hillary. Sorry but I could resist. Once installed. Steering tightened up significantly. However I still need to get it aligned. The rod ends are much larger than stock, as well as the rod itself.

2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like

2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piratesolo View Post
    Nice build! How do you like having the hi-lift jack on the hood? I bought my rig with it mounted on the spare tire bar and it blocks half my view so I have been considering some other options.
    First off. Sorry I didnít respond sooner. I just over looked your post. It was ok. I honestly got tired of not being able to use my windshield whippers to clean my windows and moved it to the rear. Other than that I never had any issues. Really wasnít in my way. If the dang thing wouldnít block the sprayers on the hood, it would still be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Itís finally lift time. Went with the 3.5Ē Game Changer with Rocksport shocks.

Beer break

Realized we needed to do some trimming due to the C Gussets.

Post Thanks / Like

Way Before....

...and after!

Overall the install went really smooth. Honestly removing the old parts was the toughest. Had the upper front shock bolt break off while removing. Also, had the welded nut for the bar pin snap off. Thinking it was a poor weld. Doing this on the ground was challenging. Having a lift will make this much easier.

I have to give it to you guys that do this type of work everyday. Itís tough. My fat ass was wore out when finished....and Iím still sore. Lol

10. Likes JR007, Praiseman62 liked this post
    Jeep Fanatic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way better. Congrats. How does it feel driving?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feels great now. The drive to the alignment shop was a little wonky. Honestly it drives really well. Much stiffer than the stock suspension. There is less body roll...which made me realize how horrible the stock suspension was. So far Iím really impressed with how well the Rocksports do on road. They soak up the bumps in the road like a sponge.

It will be a couple weeks before I get to flex it. Waiting on drivelines and fenders.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured I needed to update the build. Front fenders are on. Also the gold diff covers put on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk