Chinese Company wants to buy Jeep?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
What is interesting to me is that American and German cars dominate the Chinese car market in their own country. Most Chinese police cars are made by GM. BMW is a car that is coveted by chinese and the Western Culture is a marketing campaign in their country.

Never once did I see a Jeep over there.

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
According to our Chinese customers, the only Jeep Wrangler you can buy there is a Sahara edition, 4-Door. They like to mod them for go fast desert with a little trail work.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
According to our Chinese customers, the only Jeep Wrangler you can buy there is a Sahara edition, 4-Door. They like to mod them for go fast desert with a little trail work.
You said customers, so you have more than one. [emoji1] We have not traveled much of China by any means, but we have seen very few places one could go off-road. They have few trucks..... Lots of vans.... Can you share how many, approximate, customers you have there? Might some be the ones making clones of the product?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I spend two weeks in China and NEVER saw a Jeep. Most I saw was bikes and cars that weren't much bigger than big wheels! I can't see China picking up the Jeep Brand. I wouldn't be surprised to see a company like GM purchase it. Jeep could be a good investment for anyone with the right amount of cash. Sales have been positive for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk