The hidden glove box

Pthorpe84

Staff member

Well I couldn't find my insurance info today so I decided to look behind the glovebox. I found all kinds of goodies including a beanie I had been missing for about a year!

Anyone else checked behind theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic

Well I couldn't find my insurance info today so I decided to look behind the glovebox. I found all kinds of goodies including a beanie I had been missing for about a year!

Yep, to change the cabin air filter.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
It is not a very good glovebox... Then they put that word manual holder in it......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TXDredd_JKU

Jeep Owner
Yeah I agree with Brian. Doesn't hold much of the manual is in there. I looked behind mine to see if my cabin filter needed changing and found that mine didn't come with a filter in it...

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Yeah I agree with Brian. Doesn't hold much of the manual is in there. I looked behind mine to see if my cabin filter needed changing and found that mine didn't come with a filter in it...

Only Rubicon and Sahara based models get a cabin air filter from the factory.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
It will barely hold the manual and that is if you put it in sideways.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Is there enough room that we can make a hidden compartment?
There is more than enough room in there for that.....depending on what your hiding. Thinking that might be my new hidey hole to stash cash from the wife!

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
There is more than enough room in there for that.....depending on what your hiding. Thinking that might be my new hidey hole to stash cash from the wife!

It is always nice when traveling to have a place to put valuables.... Especially when you use a valet service and are not able to take everything with you. I am going to work on this!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cva4x4

Jeep Newb
i once had a rattle that i swore was the glove box. could not nail it down. i then found this "hidden glove box" and realized i had all kinds of stuff back there. i gotta assume wheeling causes things to get back there.

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
Found a bunch of the previous owner's paperwork in the wife's JKU in that spot.

Also found that my '16 JKR did not come with a cabin air filter because no auto climate control. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

O_E

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Sad...you would think one of us would find some money in there!

wlibob

Jeep Newb

My hidden glove box eats my winch gloves.