The hidden glove box

Pig_Pen

Jeep Newb
I had something blocking mine from shutting after a bumpy ride. I pulled mine down and found a stash of graded papers from the previous owners kid. They were all D's and F's so someone was hiding evidence, quite the chuckle from that one.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I had something blocking mine from shutting after a bumpy ride. I pulled mine down and found a stash of graded papers from the previous owners kid. They were all D's and F's so someone was hiding evidence, quite the chuckle from that one.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
For such shitty grades, the kid found a genius hiding spot! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyLuLu

Jeep Newb
The center console eats change, so i'm not surprised at the glove box.
How often should you change the cabin filter?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
The center console eats change, so i'm not surprised at the glove box.
How often should you change the cabin filter?
That’s a good question. I haven’t done mine. I would think once a year or after being exposed to a bunch of dust.

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
That’s a good question. I haven’t done mine. I would think once a year or after being exposed to a bunch of dust.

Would be condition based maintenance. If you run your HVAC a lot in dusty conditions then probably more than once a year. With the dusty trails and high pollen filled springs in the south I have been checking mine at each oil change.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Would be condition based maintenance. If you run your HVAC a lot in dusty conditions then probably more than once a year. With the dusty trails and high pollen filled springs in the south I have been checking mine at each oil change.
Well I guess I need to get on it. I have never done it. I bet most folks haven’t either.

juniormb

Jeep Newb
There is more than enough room in there for that.....depending on what your hiding. Thinking that might be my new hidey hole to stash cash from the wife!

I thought the Jeep itself stashes the Cash in terms of parts already.

amer42

Jeep Newb

Well I couldn't find my insurance info today so I decided to look behind the glovebox. I found all kinds of goodies including a beanie I had been missing for about a year!

Anyone else checked behind theirs?

I went on a wheeling trip and knew I put fuses in there never found them I bet I know where they are

IaJeepGuy

Jeep Newb
I believe a lot of the paperwork, and napkins( that’s what was behind mine from previous owner) is due to the wind when the doors are off. I hear my stuff blowing around in there when my doors are off and I have the radio turned down.

Kage2Glory

Jeep Newb
I am going to check too, I found a wrench inside the frame. Poor previous owner probably looked for hours after he dropped it while working on the engine.

mclerran11

Jeep Owner
I wish someone made an aftermarket glove box that fit that space better. Feels like it could easily be 25% bigger

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner

Well I couldn't find my insurance info today so I decided to look behind the glovebox. I found all kinds of goodies including a beanie I had been missing for about a year!

Anyone else checked behind theirs?

Yeah I check back there to check and change my cabin filters!