modernjeeper
Kicker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have them on mine and they seem to be a good ride so far. Travel seems good even though I still have factory fenders and all the bump stops on that came with my lift. Pleased so far

  2. #12
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been running them for 2 years and I am very happy with them and the Metalcloak Gamechanger suspension.

  3. #13
    Jeep Newb Yson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sherbrooke, Qc
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woosah22 View Post
    We have the Rocksport shocks with our 3.5 MC game changer and love them. They have great travel and ride quality. They out do our friends fox shocks every time! When we bought our lift we were going to go with OME but MC phased out the OME shocks in favor of the Rocksport. They have done us good so far.
    Thanx for this reply, I was looking at a Similar MC kit

  4. #14
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at this link. Gives a good illustration of the travel the shocks provide.

    RockSport Shocks
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  5. #15
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Monroe NC
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded my pro comp budget lift with the MC Game Changer 3.5". I wanted the fox shock edition but the only installer suggested the rock sport. He said they are a good shock and you get a little more travel with them vs the fox. I didn't know what to think about this information because why would he try and sell me a less expensive product. I figured why not it would save me a few bucks and get me out of the @#$% lift I had on my JKU. Well, 10K miles later and a lot of wheeling and he was right. The shocks are great both on and offroad. I would recommend them.

  6. #16
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dstonerii View Post
    I upgraded my pro comp budget lift with the MC Game Changer 3.5". I wanted the fox shock edition but the only installer suggested the rock sport. He said they are a good shock and you get a little more travel with them vs the fox. I didn't know what to think about this information because why would he try and sell me a less expensive product. I figured why not it would save me a few bucks and get me out of the @#$% lift I had on my JKU. Well, 10K miles later and a lot of wheeling and he was right. The shocks are great both on and offroad. I would recommend them.
    Awesome to hear. Have you had a chance to get it on the CTI Trailer or a ramp to flex it out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  7. #17
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a MC Game Changer 3.5" with the Rock Sport shocks. I like them a lot. I haven't tried any other shocks on this rig but have rode in other JKUs with different brands. Fox is very popular but if its not the BDS version they seem to ride really rough. However, I think coils make a bigger difference in your ride than the shocks do.

  8. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
  9. #18
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stock Rubicon shocks vs. Rocksports. Before and after RTI ramp pics. About 200 points higher score with the increased travel of the Rocksports. I only have about an inch of lift all around (JKU coils and small spacers). 2” Bumpstop in the front and 3” in the rear which is what I need to keep the shocks from compressing too far. My build is based on lots of droop, little up travel currently. Ride quality improved a little with the Rocksports, rear end isn’t as bouncy as it was.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #19
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsXJ View Post
    Stock Rubicon shocks vs. Rocksports. Before and after RTI ramp pics. About 200 points higher score with the increased travel of the Rocksports. I only have about an inch of lift all around (JKU coils and small spacers). 2” Bumpstop in the front and 3” in the rear which is what I need to keep the shocks from compressing too far. My build is based on lots of droop, little up travel currently. Ride quality improved a little with the Rocksports, rear end isn’t as bouncy as it was.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is an awesome photo showing how much more travel they have. Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any trouble with the springs coming out?
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  11. #20
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    That is an awesome photo showing how much more travel they have. Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any trouble with the springs coming out?
    Some info about this build:

    Stock JKU coils
    Teraflex 1/4” front coil spacer
    Teraflex 1” rear coil spacer
    Teraflex front lower coil retainer bracket
    MetalCloak rear coil retainers
    MetalCloak 2” front bumpstops
    MetalCloak 3” rear bumpstops
    MetalCloak front shock relocation brackets
    MetalCloak Rocksport Long Travel Shocks
    Patagonia MT 37” 12.50” R17 tires with stock wheels
    Spidertrax 1.5” hub-centric wheel spacers
    Rear swaybar removal

    920 RTI ramp score vs. 735 with stock shocks and rear swaybar

    At that max RTI, the rear coil unseated, so I may add 1.5” coils and/or limiting straps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •