modernjeeper
Kicker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

RockSport Shocks

Can you all weigh in on the Rocksport shocks? Travel, Ride, quality....how do they compare to the fox and OME shocks available for the game changer. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

2. Likes cyrusmcc2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no experience with Rocksports, but OME shocks on my dad's jeep ride great. Fox's are rebuildable and tunable, but their length can be problematic (very long shock, req. more bumpstop).

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else??

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Anyone else??

We are about to install the rocksports and they seem like a beefy shock. They seem to be of good quality.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I run them. Have not had OME or Fox so I can't compare. Only other shock I've run would be the Rancho 9000 adjustable series and these are comparable.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

2.5" MetalCloak Game Changer RockSport Edition. 315/70/17 Cooper Stt Pro. Level 8 Tracker Wheels. Teraflex HD Tire Carrier. Warn VR8000-S.

7. Likes Hoppy269, Woosah22, Hank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 9000 are a great shock so that is a great comparison. Curious on travel. Also would like to hear MC chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fronts are 15.9" - 27.3"
    Rears are 16.8" - 27.8"

Compared to Rancho Rs9000xl
    -31 front 16.66" - 27.3"
    -32 rear 16.81" - 27.25"
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

2.5" MetalCloak Game Changer RockSport Edition. 315/70/17 Cooper Stt Pro. Level 8 Tracker Wheels. Teraflex HD Tire Carrier. Warn VR8000-S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim. Looks to be some extra travel.

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bout some comparison to the 6-Pak shocks? Do they blow the Rocksports out of the water??

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have the Rocksport shocks with our 3.5 MC game changer and love them. They have great travel and ride quality. They out do our friends fox shocks every time! When we bought our lift we were going to go with OME but MC phased out the OME shocks in favor of the Rocksport. They have done us good so far.