RockSport Shocks

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Can you all weigh in on the Rocksport shocks? Travel, Ride, quality....how do they compare to the fox and OME shocks available for the game changer. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OmniscientHiers

Jeep Owner
I have no experience with Rocksports, but OME shocks on my dad's jeep ride great. Fox's are rebuildable and tunable, but their length can be problematic (very long shock, req. more bumpstop).

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
I run them. Have not had OME or Fox so I can't compare. Only other shock I've run would be the Rancho 9000 adjustable series and these are comparable.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
The 9000 are a great shock so that is a great comparison. Curious on travel. Also would like to hear MC chime in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
Fronts are 15.9" - 27.3"
Rears are 16.8" - 27.8"

Compared to Rancho Rs9000xl
-31 front 16.66" - 27.3"
-32 rear 16.81" - 27.25"

Woosah22

Jeep Newb
We have the Rocksport shocks with our 3.5 MC game changer and love them. They have great travel and ride quality. They out do our friends fox shocks every time! When we bought our lift we were going to go with OME but MC phased out the OME shocks in favor of the Rocksport. They have done us good so far.

cyrusmcc2002

Jeep Newb
I have them on mine and they seem to be a good ride so far. Travel seems good even though I still have factory fenders and all the bump stops on that came with my lift. Pleased so far

Yson

Jeep Newb
We have the Rocksport shocks with our 3.5 MC game changer and love them. They have great travel and ride quality. They out do our friends fox shocks every time! When we bought our lift we were going to go with OME but MC phased out the OME shocks in favor of the Rocksport. They have done us good so far.
Thanx for this reply, I was looking at a Similar MC kit

dstonerii

Jeep Newb
I upgraded my pro comp budget lift with the MC Game Changer 3.5". I wanted the fox shock edition but the only installer suggested the rock sport. He said they are a good shock and you get a little more travel with them vs the fox. I didn't know what to think about this information because why would he try and sell me a less expensive product. I figured why not it would save me a few bucks and get me out of the @#$% lift I had on my JKU. Well, 10K miles later and a lot of wheeling and he was right. The shocks are great both on and offroad. I would recommend them.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I upgraded my pro comp budget lift with the MC Game Changer 3.5". I wanted the fox shock edition but the only installer suggested the rock sport. He said they are a good shock and you get a little more travel with them vs the fox. I didn't know what to think about this information because why would he try and sell me a less expensive product. I figured why not it would save me a few bucks and get me out of the @#$% lift I had on my JKU. Well, 10K miles later and a lot of wheeling and he was right. The shocks are great both on and offroad. I would recommend them.
Awesome to hear. Have you had a chance to get it on the CTI Trailer or a ramp to flex it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stitch1

Jeep Newb
I also have a MC Game Changer 3.5" with the Rock Sport shocks. I like them a lot. I haven't tried any other shocks on this rig but have rode in other JKUs with different brands. Fox is very popular but if its not the BDS version they seem to ride really rough. However, I think coils make a bigger difference in your ride than the shocks do.

ShadowsXJ

Jeep Newb
Stock Rubicon shocks vs. Rocksports. Before and after RTI ramp pics. About 200 points higher score with the increased travel of the Rocksports. I only have about an inch of lift all around (JKU coils and small spacers). 2” Bumpstop in the front and 3” in the rear which is what I need to keep the shocks from compressing too far. My build is based on lots of droop, little up travel currently. Ride quality improved a little with the Rocksports, rear end isn’t as bouncy as it was.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Stock Rubicon shocks vs. Rocksports. Before and after RTI ramp pics. About 200 points higher score with the increased travel of the Rocksports. I only have about an inch of lift all around (JKU coils and small spacers). 2” Bumpstop in the front and 3” in the rear which is what I need to keep the shocks from compressing too far. My build is based on lots of droop, little up travel currently. Ride quality improved a little with the Rocksports, rear end isn’t as bouncy as it was.

That is an awesome photo showing how much more travel they have. Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any trouble with the springs coming out?

ShadowsXJ

Jeep Newb
That is an awesome photo showing how much more travel they have. Thanks for the pictures. Do you have any trouble with the springs coming out?
Some info about this build:

Stock JKU coils
Teraflex 1/4” front coil spacer
Teraflex 1” rear coil spacer
Teraflex front lower coil retainer bracket
MetalCloak rear coil retainers
MetalCloak 2” front bumpstops
MetalCloak 3” rear bumpstops
MetalCloak front shock relocation brackets
MetalCloak Rocksport Long Travel Shocks
Patagonia MT 37” 12.50” R17 tires with stock wheels
Spidertrax 1.5” hub-centric wheel spacers
Rear swaybar removal

920 RTI ramp score vs. 735 with stock shocks and rear swaybar

At that max RTI, the rear coil unseated, so I may add 1.5” coils and/or limiting straps.