Favorite diff cover...what is yours?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well one of my favorite covers are finally back in stock. I can't wait to get one on my front housing. What is your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
They look great. Always was curious how much more abuse a fab'd cover could take vs a cast one like poison spider and MC. [emoji848]

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Tough call, but Cast can crack when hit with an object. While cold roll steel can crack also, it is less likely.

Take a hammer to a 1/4" piece of cast iron and let me know what happens and take a hammer to a 1/4" piece of cold roll.

Would make a good video comparison.

1FSTREX

Jeep Owner
Honestly, my favorite is a factory diff cover. I chose to go the route with a Rough Country diff skid front and rear and couldn't be happier. I don't have a whole heck of a lot of off road experience but thus far it has taken some hits and done an exceptional job.

Attachments

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Honestly, my favorite is a factory diff cover. I chose to go the route with a Rough Country diff skid front and rear and couldn't be happier. I don't have a whole heck of a lot of off road experience but thus far it has taken some hits and done an exceptional job.
Interesting route to take. Always have been interested in how they hold up over time. The factory covers aren't bad as a whole, but they tent to bend at the lip when being drug over an obstacle. How often do you find yourself digging rocks and mud out of them?

1FSTREX

Jeep Owner
Interesting route to take. Always have been interested in how they hold up over time. The factory covers aren't bad as a whole, but they tent to bend at the lip when being drug over an obstacle. How often do you find yourself digging rocks and mud out of them?

My good buddy (an avid wheeler/jeeper) has had the RC diff skids on his well used JKUR for a good amount of time without a single issue. Knowing what he does with/to his Jeep sold me on them. So far I could not be happier with the choice.

Havent had to clean anything out yet. I did some interior diff work after having them on through Winter and when we removed them there wasnt anything of note "stuck" inside there.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
Awesome! Post up some pics when you slap it on. What's your plans for paint?

Most likely like the one above, with my Jeep colors. So the M like a bright safety orange type color and then a black surround.