Bent Arm

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So at the SFWDA event at windrock our group decided to run trail 39....a double black diamond. Amazingly difficult fun trail, but when your riding at stock hight...it's a drag. At the exit of the trail I had to be winched up an odd off camber incline. Unfortunately my drivers side frame had a rock roll all the way down it and the picture below was the result....hoping a hammer will cure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimoldblue

Jeep Owner
So at the SFWDA event at windrock our group decided to run trail 39....a double black diamond. Amazingly difficult fun trail, but when your riding at stock hight...it's a drag. At the exit of the trail I had to be winched up an odd off camber incline. Unfortunately my drivers side frame had a rock roll all the way down it and the picture below was the result....hoping a hammer will cure it.

I have one off my Rubicon. I will send it to you.

jimoldblue

Jeep Owner
That was a fun trail. For riding on a stock suspension you did great. My jeep with the the Metalcloak 3.5" game changer and 37's i used my winch more yesterday than I have in the past 3 years. Check this guy out!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I found some video of that muddy hill climb I will send ya. Also, I think my dang swaybar didn't like the water....pretty sure it's not disconnected in that pic. Light is flashing on my dash....adding the problems up.

jimoldblue

Jeep Owner
I found some video of that muddy hill climb I will send ya. Also, I think my dang swaybar didn't like the water....pretty sure it's not disconnected in that pic. Light is flashing on my dash....adding the problems up.

Funny you should say that. At one point Matt said it didn't look like you where disconnected.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I fixed the disconnect issue. I was not disconnected the last 3 hours of the trail. I unplugged and plugged in resetting it. Now it works fine. Weird.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I fixed the disconnect issue. I was not disconnected the last 3 hours of the trail. I unplugged and plugged in resetting it. Now it works fine. Weird.

I think electronics and the internal safeties are what makes the new vehicles so... Blah..... Will anyone want to redo a 2017 JK in 2040? We see sweet CJ's all over, but they are basic. Either a redone JK will be next to non existent and worth a pile of money or they will all be in the trash because the electronics parts will make you go broke.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I think electronics and the internal safeties are what makes the new vehicles so... Blah..... Will anyone want to redo a 2017 JK in 2040? We see sweet CJ's all over, but they are basic. Either a redone JK will be next to non existent and worth a pile of money or they will all be in the trash because the electronics parts will make you go broke.
Prolly the be in the trash....These electronic kill me. My wife's TPMS fell off while on the car. Now it's rattling around in inside the tire and pizzing off the computer. Our dash looks like a Christmas tree right now....[emoji35]

Todd Ockert

If someone does redo a JK in 2040, they will gut all the electronics and return to analog or simple gauges for everything.

Todd