MetalCloak 4 Link Long Arm

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well the 4 link version has finally arrived. This is a great upgrade option for the off-roader that does not want to get out and turn the lock-n-load arm and the added security of upper control arms. With this kit, it will need some welding for the upper control arms. All other parts are all bolt on as usual. The rear will still utilize the DB3 brackets. Despite what most folks are saying, outside of double triangulated this will give you the most ground clearance in front of the tire. I would encourage all of you to check out the graphics on these brackets, truly a "Game Changer".

I am curious if the upper control arm brackets will interfere with the Metalcloak skid system. What are your thougths?

https://www.metalcloak.com/JK-4-Link-Long-Arm-Compound-Suspension-6Pak-Ed-p/7227.htm

Attachments

Marine660

Jeep Owner
I think its an awesome system and plan on slowly upgrading mine to this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I am glad I have waited to get a lift. I can't wait til I get the dough to get one. Will make a great write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine660

Jeep Owner
Wish I would have seen this before I got the Game Changer 3.5 a few months ago.
I may upgrade my front arms for the 4-link setup. Not sure i like the drop bracket for the rear. Genright offers a gas tank similar to the TJ design that allows a true 4-link in the rear. I may use the genright rear arms and metalcloak fronts...

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
I may upgrade my front arms for the 4-link setup. Not sure i like the drop bracket for the rear. Genright offers a gas tank similar to the TJ design that allows a true 4-link in the rear. I may use the genright rear arms and metalcloak fronts...

So far the reviews on the rear drop bracket from DIE HARD long arm users has been phenomenal... for both high-speed on and off road usage to off road rock crawling, the DB3 is getting rave reviews. You might consider trying it before going through all the expense of relocating the gas tank.

Marine660

Jeep Owner
So far the reviews on the rear drop bracket from DIE HARD long arm users has been phenomenal... for both high-speed on and off road usage to off road rock crawling, the DB3 is getting rave reviews. You might consider trying it before going through all the expense of relocating the gas tank.
Matson, i appreciate your feedback. There is no issues with clearance? If you send me a set i woukd be more than happy to bolt them on my 4.5 kit and do a video on the east coast trails and a honest write up [emoji1]

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I love genright don't get me wrong. I am running there rear bumper. With that said there suspension is incredibly expensive. With the DB3 bracket you actually have more ground clearance, but you will have to run sway bars.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Matson, i appreciate your feedback. There is no issues with clearance? If you send me a set i woukd be more than happy to bolt them on my 4.5 kit and do a video on the east coast trails and a honest write up [emoji1]

Lmao