Front Duroflex weld-on bracket and axle bushing kit, JK

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I honestly don't see why not. You will have to do some fabing to get the alignement correct. I would call Will at MC to get his opinion though.

Todd Ockert

Yea, on the Facebook version of MetalCloak Owners, Matson told me that it would not work.
He also explained why the Currie version is not recommended, since it has heim joints in theirs.
They have a TJ version in engineering, but not into production yet.

The current bushings can be pressed out, and new ones pressed in.
I will need to check at 4 Wheel Parts or one of those type places to see if they have the bushings and get them ordered.

When I install the bushings, I will have to weld the one bracket, as mine has a crack on the seam along the axle tube.
Might be time to just upgrade the whole axle though.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Glad he got you pointed in the right direction. Always a fan of the axle upgrade if you can float the cash [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EugeneTheTJ

Jeep Owner
Yea, on the Facebook version of MetalCloak Owners, Matson told me that it would not work.
He also explained why the Currie version is not recommended, since it has heim joints in theirs.
They have a TJ version in engineering, but not into production yet.

The current bushings can be pressed out, and new ones pressed in.
I will need to check at 4 Wheel Parts or one of those type places to see if they have the bushings and get them ordered.

When I install the bushings, I will have to weld the one bracket, as mine has a crack on the seam along the axle tube.
Might be time to just upgrade the whole axle though.

Todd
Pretty sure the Currie one has their Johnny Joints in them (not heims)